Here we go! Prayers much appreciated..
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: Here we go! Prayers much appreciated..

Member #
    Liked
    103 times

Here we go! Prayers much appreciated..

Well it's finally here. I made it through the chemo and various other trials and tribulations and am having my bladder cancer surgery Wednesday the 4th, a radical cystectomy with ileal conduit. They remove the bladder and various other things and do some re-plumbing and I end up with a stoma and a bag; about six days in the hospital and a month recovery more or less. Right now they see no other cancer in all the tests so it appears to be limited to the bladder. Both of my cancer doctors use the word cure in the outcome and they don't use that word lightly. Wednesday at 7:30 AM at Banner UMG here in Tucson. That means I won't make the gun show here this weekend. Wish us luck and thank you all in advance for your prayers and well wishes. Be back after Wednesday in a few weeks.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8402 times
    Godspeed, and may you be guided successfully through your surgery and a complete recovery.
    Conrad

NRA Endowment Member
    S&WCA #1830
    S&WHF #222
    Hopeless lifetime S&W Junkie
    Chronic "Marlinitis" sufferer

Political correctness: The doctrine fostered by the delusional liberals or the naïve, which attempts to promote the ideology that a turd is something that can be picked up and safely handled from the clean end.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    39126 times
    I'm familiar with the Banner Baywood facility..........I've spent too much time there in the past year. If your Banner UMG is equally as good, then you're in good hands.

I'll be sending up prayers on your behalf...........and sending you my best thoughts.

Best to ya amigo,

Geeze
    Fallin off ain't embarrassin........not gettin back on is.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    20881 times
    I came within a pubic hair of a permanent stoma myself, but skated and I'm glad of that. That was my biggest fear about my cancer but here I am, minus some parts but still using the same old plumbing.. I thank the Lord and the Kresge Cancer Foundation, my wife for her support and fantastic hospitalization.

For me. the worst thing now is the lingering effects of concentrated chemo. My eyes went to hell and I have little feeling in my fingers and I don't expect that to ever return. Got my eyes fixed (new lenses in both so I can see again) but it's still an uphill road, hopefully it levels out soon, I'm really getting tired of getting poked and prodded constantly.

Beast thing right now is, I'm not taking any medication at all. Quite a change from last year this time.

You have a long road ahead of you. Keep your chin and attitude up and you'll make it like I did.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7477 times
    Good luck and prayers sent..

Carl

​S&WCA | SAF | GOA Life | NRA Benefactor | VCDL

Member #
    Liked
    1444 times
    Prayer sent , sorry you have to deal with something like this, i wish you well.

Member #
    Liked
    102683 times
    Prayers sent for a successful outcome and speedy recovery. Stay strong and keep fighting!!!

Name:  images (80).jpg
Views: 25
Size:  10.1 KB

Keep us up to date and best wishes.
    I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'!

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself."
    George Washington

Member #
    Liked
    20724 times
    Prayers for a quick recovery..
    everyone brings happiness, some by staying and some by leaving...

And As You Slide Down that Banister of Life You Should Pray That All The Splinters Are Pointed The Other Way...

Bob.

Member #
    Liked
    2428 times
    Prayers go out to you.

Member #
    God's Country, North Whidbey Island, Washington
    Liked
    1484 times
    Sounds like your on the right track. When I went through my last bout with Prostrate Cancer the lady in my life gave me a little oval plate with these things printed on it;

What Cancer CAN'T do
    It can't prevent Love
    It can't conquer the Spirit
    It can't silence Courage
    It can't take away Memories
    It can't weaken Faith
    AND
    It can't defeat HOPE

Joe
    Don't own any guns, (ok, I did pick up a lil ole 22 pistol) just like going to the range and shooting up my friends ammunition

Semi Retired Striping Contractor. PC survivor, 1st time 2/09---2nd time 6/16, Life is good

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links