Here we go! Prayers much appreciated..
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: Here we go! Prayers much appreciated..

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    28489 times
    They took out my gallbladder and it's stone through an incision that size. It's the least disruption such surgery could cause.
    Oldgungeezer and OldFarmBoy like this.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    -Arthur C. Clarke
    It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.
    -Upton Sinclair
    Please do not open and post the links on my threads.
    19and41

Member #
    Liked
    61337 times
    My prayers added. You can beat cancer. My grandfather had pancreatic cancer when he was 60, they cut it out, sent him home & told him he had 6 months to live - get your affairs in order. He lived 36 more years & died in his sleep @ 96. He was doing spring plowing the day before. Never give up... he outlived his surgeon & 2 regular doctors.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment & buy one" Jesus - Luke 22:36

Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Injunbro View Post
    My prayers added. You can beat cancer. My grandfather had pancreatic cancer when he was 60, they cut it out, sent him home & told him he had 6 months to live - get your affairs in order. He lived 36 more years & died in his sleep @ 96. He was doing spring plowing the day before. Never give up... he outlived his surgeon & 2 regular doctors.
    Thanks Injunbro in the great metropolis of Yuma! I hear nothing but positive outlook from all my providers and at one time I was coordinating between 5 doctors and 2 dentists. I fully expect to be back in a few weeks, just a few pounds lighter. It seems like almost everyone knows someone with this and anecdotally all I hear are good long term results. Bladder cancer is the fifth most common cancer in the US according to my oncologist. This procedure is very radical but because of the muscle intrusion it must be done, but they all use the word cure for me when this is over. Overall the personal care afterward is much easier and this shows best long term quality of life with less risk of infection and other complications. If you look at the care of the stoma and bag compared to catheterizing yourself every 2-4 hours and irrigating the pouch or bladder twice a day, a stoma and bag almost seems like a luxury. Plus no getting up every hour to pee at night any more. At 68 I expect to be around a long time yet. Thanks and when I am up and around I will catch some of you at one of the gun shows here in Tucson.

Brian (OldFarmBoy)
    Injunbro and ShooterGranny like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
    I came within a pubic hair of a permanent stoma myself, but skated and I'm glad of that. That was my biggest fear about my cancer but here I am, minus some parts but still using the same old plumbing.. I thank the Lord and the Kresge Cancer Foundation, my wife for her support and fantastic hospitalization.

For me. the worst thing now is the lingering effects of concentrated chemo. My eyes went to hell and I have little feeling in my fingers and I don't expect that to ever return. Got my eyes fixed (new lenses in both so I can see again) but it's still an uphill road, hopefully it levels out soon, I'm really getting tired of getting poked and prodded constantly.

Beast thing right now is, I'm not taking any medication at all. Quite a change from last year this time.

You have a long road ahead of you. Keep your chin and attitude up and you'll make it like I did.

I got 4 cycles of the MVAC chemo. Got some mouth sores and leg swelling and burning, and the first cycle was pretty rough but I got through it. Bad shit but I don't seem to have much long term effects other than recovering from some stomach stuff that started after the chemo ended. I was sick with that for 2 months and had to have some surgery Feb. 4 to fix problems at the very end of the digestive system. Thanks again and be back soon.

Brian (OldFarmBoy)

Member #
    Liked
    75 times
    All the best to you!
    OldFarmBoy likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Thanks B-man!!

Member #
    Liked
    20881 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFarmBoy View Post
    I got 4 cycles of the MVAC chemo. Got some mouth sores and leg swelling and burning, and the first cycle was pretty rough but I got through it. Bad shit but I don't seem to have much long term effects other than recovering from some stomach stuff that started after the chemo ended. I was sick with that for 2 months and had to have some surgery Feb. 4 to fix problems at the very end of the digestive system. Thanks again and be back soon.

Brian (OldFarmBoy)
    4 cycles huh? Try 12 for me then oral rat poison after they took me apart. Almost died from the oral. Some days were worse than others but none were good. Dropped about 35 pounds too. Nothing tasted good and went went down came out pretty quick. I became a 'professional pooper'.

I will say the Wal-Mart paper undies are light years better than Depends, cheaper too. If it didn't come out the bottom, it came out the top including my nose and ears too. Lost my finger nails, toe nails, got nice sores, hell, I got everything except loosing my hair, probably because I don't have any to begin with so, you cannot loose what you don't have...

Delightful stuff isn't it.

A good 'juice' doctor will take you to the brink of death without pushing you over the brink. I spent a lot of time walking on that fine line between 'being here' and not being here.

You have a ways to go yet, I don't envy you in the slightest having walked that road last year.

Problem is, I'll never be 100% 'cured' so I get to be poked and prodded regularly. So used to it, first thing I do when I get a test is take off my clothes and slip on the ever present hospital gown. I'm so good now I can even tie them first shot. I have no 'virgin' orifices. All been violated with various surgical tools and probes.

Again, you are in my thoughts and prayers but, the bottom line is that you and only you can best it. No one else can. Good luck and perservere.
    OldFarmBoy and ShooterGranny like this.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

Member #
    Liked
    827 times
    God bless you and watch over you. Our prayers are with you and your family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    OldFarmBoy likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    29126 times
    More prayers sent from here in Arizona! Good luck sir!
    OldFarmBoy likes this.
    “So son, explain again exactly why there’s a stripper in your bedroom?"

Member #
    Liked
    3920 times
    My prayers to you and the doctors and staff taking care.
    OldFarmBoy likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Links