• 1 Post By Oldgungeezer
  • 1 Post By mrerick
  • 2 Post By mrerick

Thread: Safe pictures

Member #
    Liked
    1035 times

Safe pictures

So here is the safe I told you guys and gals about in my birthday post. Thanks again for the kindness. $594 found in the little safe, crazy who sells a safe with out checking. I very happy that they didn't check. The story behind the safe is, I was looking on Ebay, so contracted the seller he said iI worked and he had just won a auction and had not seen it. I took a chance and bought it, but come to find out it he didn't have the combination, but it was unlocked, so I new I would be able to have the combination reset easy. I picked it up, the safe had the daily taped,the locking rods taped and shrink rapped so I didn't open it till the next morning. Well worth the 14 hours by the time I got home. So now I own Mosler, debold, and libertyName:  20200202_082112.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  2.32 MBName:  20200202_082141.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  2.46 MB

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    265 times
    Nice find !
    Mjh likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    38376 times
    Cool.................!!
    Mjh likes this.
    Fallin off ain't embarrassin........not gettin back on is.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    26568 times
    That looks like a commercial jeweler's safe. Nice find. I have a number of small safes, but nothing like this one.

Bolt it down. You know from moving it that even a big one can be rolled out and away behind a pickup truck.
    Mjh likes this.
    Cheers! Marc

Check out my Gun Rights BLOG at: http://skilledshot.wordpress.com
    accipere facile, sed sumite! - Take it easy, but take it!
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol; Personal Protection Inside and Outside the Home; Rifle; Reloading: Chief RSO
    NC DOJ Concealed Carry Instructor; Appointed Member North Carolina Criminal Justice Information Network

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    26568 times
    i do have a good safe contents story. This is a true story. I worked for someone that had been part of a state agency that refurbished surplus furniture for use in state hospitals, rest homes and other residences. They would regularly source surplus from the local military bases like Fort Bragg.

One day, he got a call from a contact at Bragg telling him that they had this safe that they took out of this locked building that nobody had been into for decades, and could he use it. Of course he said yes, so later that day he got a call from the loading dock at his building.

They told him that this truck had arrived with this giant safe, and they wanted to know what to do with it. From the hydraulic lift installed on the truck, and the amount of strain it showed when they lifted it onto the dock, it was obvious that there was something inside.

My friend thanked them for delivering it, and called a locksmith because nobody had the combination.

When the locksmith opened it, they were shocked. It was filled to the top with sheets of gold, silver and platinum. All precious metals. Lots of it.

My friend asked the locksmith to change the combination, and then brought one sheet of the platinum to his boss at the agency.

He also called for a private security service to come and guard the dock, and second service to guard the guards.

And so it stayed for more than a month.

Have you ever tried to give back something to the Federal government?

It took months to find the right person that knew the procedures involved.

The sheets of precious metal turned out to be purchased for use in dental work by the Army during WW-II, and was completely lost and forgotten after the war. It sat in the safe for decades until it was delivered to the agency.

Yes... look in a safe before you sell it.
    gearchecker and Mjh like this.
    Cheers! Marc

Check out my Gun Rights BLOG at: http://skilledshot.wordpress.com
    accipere facile, sed sumite! - Take it easy, but take it!
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol; Personal Protection Inside and Outside the Home; Rifle; Reloading: Chief RSO
    NC DOJ Concealed Carry Instructor; Appointed Member North Carolina Criminal Justice Information Network

Links