My Best Friend
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
Like Tree131Likes

Thread: My Best Friend

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Member #
    8917
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Southern New Mexico
    Posts
    4,306
    Liked
    7117 times

    My Best Friend

    Since I retired last May Maggie has been by my side 24 hours a day. Honestly she is the friendliest dog I have ever owned. I can always count on her to brighten up my day and she never asks for anything. My days would be very lonely without her. A great companion!!!!Name:  IMG_0047.jpeg
Views: 22
Size:  2.99 MB

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Member #
    16429
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Brandon Florida
    Posts
    8,265
    Liked
    23630 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nmshieldshooter View Post
    Since I retired last May Maggie has been by my side 24 hours a day. Honestly she is the friendliest dog I have ever owned. I can always count on her to brighten up my day and she never asks for anything. My days would be very lonely without her. A great companion!!!!Name:  IMG_0047.jpeg
Views: 22
Size:  2.99 MB
    Dog is God backwards mate...

    thewelshm
    "Enjoy life your'e a long time dead"

    “The problem with socialism is that you eventually run out of other people's money.”
    ― Margaret Thatcher

    Philippians 4-13

    Did you hear about the latest study.....5 out of 6 liberals say that Russian Roulette is safe.

    Ruger Super Black Hawk 44 Magnum 4 5/8" " Blue"
    Ruger Black Hawk 41 Magnum 4 5/8" " Blue"
    S&W Model 500 (2nd one)
    S&W Model 19-4 Blue
    Smith & Wesson SD9 VE
    Sig Sauer Sp 2022
    S&W 27-2 Nickel
    S&W 29-2 Nickel

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Member #
    28737
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Jax, Fla
    Posts
    2,518
    Liked
    6949 times
    I love huskies!
    You can't stop us on the road to freedom
    You can't keep us, 'cause our eyes can see
    Men with insight, men in granite
    Knights in armor bent on chivalry

  4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Member #
    61
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Glendale AZ
    Posts
    10,131
    Liked
    28613 times
    Maggie is a beautiful companion, you're a lucky man! I'm glad you found her, I remember there was a low point in your life regarding 4-legged friends, but God is now beaming sunshine on you always with Maggie!
    “So son, explain again exactly why there’s a stripper in your bedroom?"

  6. #5
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    3849
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    East Valley, east of Phoenix, AZ.
    Posts
    12,821
    Liked
    37851 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcloud2 View Post
    Maggie is a beautiful companion, you're a lucky man! I'm glad you found her, I remember there was a low point in your life regarding 4-legged friends, but God is now beaming sunshine on you always with Maggie!
    Yes, I too remember...................I'm so glad your best friend is with you.

    God Bless you both,

    Geezer
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~ Hunter S. Thompson

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Member #
    45377
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    2,165
    Liked
    10553 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcloud2 View Post
    Maggie is a beautiful companion, you're a lucky man! I'm glad you found her, I remember there was a low point in your life regarding 4-legged friends, but God is now beaming sunshine on you always with Maggie!
    I went through that same scenario for 8 years after I had to put my 14.5 year old Golden down. She was so polite. In 14.5 years I could count the number of times she barked on two hands and have fingers left over. I could walk her off the leash even when running into neighbors out with their dog. Totally worthless as a guard dog, but priceless as a constant companion.

    Two Thanksgiving ago, my wife and I found a cool rescue to adopt - half Lab (of some type) and half Rhodesian Ridgeback - VERY loving and VERY protective...............
    Last edited by Abby'sDad; 01-14-2020 at 07:09 PM.
    “Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!”
    - Hunter S. Thompson

  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Member #
    61
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Glendale AZ
    Posts
    10,131
    Liked
    28613 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Abby'sDad View Post
    I went through that same scenario for 8 years after I had to put my 14.5 year old Golden down. She was so polite. In 14.5 years I could count the number of times she barked on two hands and have fingers left over. I could walk her off the leash even when running into neighbors out with their dog. Totally worthless as a guard dog, but priceless as a constant companion.

    Two Thanksgiving ago, my wife and I found a cool rescue to adopt - half Lab (of some type) and half Rhodesian Ridgeback - VERY loving and VERY protective...............
    It's hard, these aren't just dogs as many would think, they become our family. I had sworn off dogs, but 6 years ago I found myself taking in a pup that my son rescued from a bad situation, Rocky. Although I still consider him a pup, he's not and I certainly am not! I've found myself lately trying to imagine life without him and I immediately shut off the idea altogether, there's no future in that way of thinking!
    “So son, explain again exactly why there’s a stripper in your bedroom?"

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Member #
    15666
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    NE Georgia
    Posts
    14,659
    Liked
    66763 times
    Glad you and Maggie found each other. Best companions and all they ask for is food, water and companionship. They always have my love.
    Regards,
    Rodney


    "To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead."

    Thomas Paine

  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Member #
    45377
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    2,165
    Liked
    10553 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepnut View Post
    Glad you and Maggie found each other. Best companions and all they ask for is food, water and companionship. They always have my love.
    Mine also has control of a couch, both beds, the back seat of my 4-door pick-up and the back seat of my wife's Flex.............
    “Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!”
    - Hunter S. Thompson

  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Member #
    8917
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Southern New Mexico
    Posts
    4,306
    Liked
    7117 times
    She is very comforting to have around. I could not ask for a better dog! It has been the best 2 years of my life with her.


 
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2020 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
SmithandWessonForums.com is not affiliated with Smith & Wesson. We are an enthusiast site and fans of Smith & Wesson Firearms. To visit the official Smith & Wesson site, click here: Smith-Wesson.com.