Entertainment value!?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Entertainment value!?

Member #
    Liked
    1526 times

Entertainment value!?

Whew .. I haven't been to a movie in a movie theater for AGES. Saw some reviews for the movie 1917 and thought .. That might be something to see on the big screen. Sure it will be available in some form at home in a month or so but it looked like a big screen movie.

Then I went looking at prices .. I dont know if there is tax on top of movie tickets but the movie ticket alone is $13.69 if you order online.

My indoor range .. which I like very much .. charges me $13.50 for an hour .. which is more than enough time. Sure .. I expend money on ammo but ... I am pretty damn sure I get far more enjoyment from my hour at the range than I will at any movie.

I went to the range on Saturday morning in kind of a crappy mood. Ok .. the Motorcycle trip there helped make life look better but I left the range with a Cheshire Grin. Kinda giddy and silly and it improved my whole day.

I dont think a movie and would have done that!

Member #
    Liked
    4409 times
    Seems that the only time of year I go to the movies is over the holidays. Been to three movies in the past two months. Saw Midway and Star Wars with my son and Knives Out with the wife and granddaughter. Cost about $20 total each time because we went during the day and got the matinee pricing. Now.. if you add candy, pop corn and drinks you easily double that.
    I'd rather spend $5 - $10 for a afternoon at a gun show. Plenty of entertainment, food and excitement. But there is a chance of dropping a couple hundred $, something not likely to happen at the movies (that's the excitement part ) !

John
    Boriqua and Oldgungeezer like this.
    If you have ten thousand regulations, you destroy all respect for the law. Winston Churchill

Member #
    Liked
    6196 times
    going next weekend.. i'll spring for it .. movie house closest to me has the fancy seating - lay back, put your feet up..

heard pretty good things from most of the ww1 and brit sites i frequent - about the only complaint around the accuracy of era hardware is a lack of lewis guns..
    while the event portrayed (Ypres / Passchendaele ) is contextually correct - a lot of artistic license in the plot..

never forgotten..
    Name:  yepes.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  1.10 MB
    Speak softly, but carry a big Smith..

While many are stronger, the wolf doesn't perform in the circus.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1526 times
    I may do a matinee next week with the wife. Just not going to pay $14 per person to sit in a theater
    blazermark and Oldgungeezer like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1467 times
    Theatres CLAIM they make their long green on Popcorn, and concessions. If that's the case, why are they boning us,
    on ticket sales ?
    Oldgungeezer likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    11197 times
    Because Hollywood charges them a LOT for a movie to show, and even more if it had great reviews.
    I stopped going to movies over 25 years ago; between the folks who constantly talk, the lights form their cell phones, the volume that hurts my ears, the nasty sticky mess on the floor, let alone the idiotic pricing, I can watch it at home on MY big screen TV, sip a glass of wine, eat my own healthy snacks, even pause it for a bathroom break without missing anything. Why does anyone bother going any more?
    Boriqua, bluecar and Oldgungeezer like this.
    “Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!”
    - Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    59527 times
    I don't support over-priced, mouthy, opinionated, immoral hollyweirdos.
    Oldgungeezer likes this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment & buy one" Jesus - Luke 22:36

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    37894 times
    It's been years since I've been to a movie theater. I'll occasionally watch movies at home on my own big screen (with a decent sound system), but I have absolutely no interest in going to a theater (I'll wait).
    Boriqua and Abby'sDad like this.
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    6424 times
    Submarine son took us to see Ford Vs. Ferrari. Fun, but I'm glad I wasn't paying for it.
    Boriqua and Nrah like this.
    "The right to buy weapons is the right to be free." -A.E. van Vogt

" It is simply not possible to believe fossil fuel emissions will destroy the world and, at the same time, oppose nuclear power. "- Dennis Prager

Member #
    Liked
    16261 times
    We watch movies at home.

Paying $15/ea to sit in filthy theatre seats while munching on a $10 bag of popcorn and sipping a $5 soda... not all that appealing to us.
    Boriqua likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links