Just thinking today, I know THAT'S dangerous
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Just thinking today, I know THAT'S dangerous

Member #
    Liked
    2797 times

Just thinking today, I know THAT'S dangerous

If you look at European countries, that have 800-1000 a year head start on America, and their 'supposed' to be more cultured/civilized than Americans. Spain, France, Italy, Portugal all had to devalue their money ONLY 10-15% because they were going broke with their social give away programs. People were in the streets rioting with Police, turning over cars, and throwing gas bombs. Now these are the 'cultured/advanced' people upset with 10-15%.

Now look at America. Kids, we are going BROKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are families who for the third or fourth generation have never worked a day in their lives, ( Hussein now says they don't even have to pretend to be job hunting.) They get housing, food, medical care, and free cell phones simply for EXISTING!

What's going to happen here when the well finally does go dry, and it will, you can only write bad checks for so long. I saw today that on the International market brokers are slowly selling their Dollars and buying the Chinese dollar. In Europe, remember the civilized guys, riots have hit a lot of cities over 10-15%. What's going to happen here when the 47% hit the end of the free ride? Does ANYONE here think it won't get a LOTTTTTTTTTTT worse?

I am just throwing this out there, I DON'T have an answer. I do however think the people from this site, being more the independent types, will have a little cash, little ammo, few guns, and a little food to get through the roughest times that are bound to come.

Thoughts?
    RDLouks, Bojo, NWDave and 3 others like this.
    When I was young my Mother told me I could be anyone I wanted to be. Turns out the police call that 'Identity Theft.'

Member #
    Between Elephant Breath MT. and Squaw's Ankle N.M.
    Liked
    21318 times
    I suspect you are right.. I suspect the O administration thinks the same thing. Been buyin' lots of "practice" ammo for Homeland Secruity, USDA and NOAH weather. Training troops in controlling domestic unrest.

I hope we're wrong.

Taking tin foil hat off and storing it withing arm's reach.
    DocZeus and Bojo like this.

Member #
    Liked
    17636 times
    Can't argue with your logic 1 old 0311.
    You ask what is going to happen when the 47% hit the end of the "Gravy Train"? Well what does a Horde of Locusts do after they strip all the crops, they either die out, or move on to the next field!
    DocZeus and Bojo like this.
    Whenever You Try To Make Something IDIOT PROOF.........They Will Just Make Better IDIOTS!
    You can lead a Man to Congress, but you can't make him Think Milton Berle

Due to the rising cost of Ammunition a Warning Shot will no longer be fired, Thank You For Your Understanding.

NRA Life Member since 1988 now Endowment, And Proud Of It.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    8370 times

It is occupying my thoughts, as well. I'm better-off, defense-wise than anyone around me, but it's tough to eat blue-steel or brass.
    Short term plans are to get comfortable with being uncomfortable. If/when the TVA goes tango uniform, I'm gonna have to do with these walls as my shield from whatever the seasons or times bring. I am focusing on improving my health and getting to a point where I survive on minimum meds which will become "unobtainium" when the pharmacies are locked-up. Staples need to be stockpiled as well as water filtration capabilities.
    Barter will be viable with "trusted" (?) traders, so I am building a stock of 22 LR ammo, to that end. I am also acquiring 9mm ammo, both to fit existing guns as well as for possible barter.
    I need to set-up with a small genny and a reasonable fuel supply, batteries/solar panel chargers, edged tools, firewood, first aid, man, you name it. I'll plan to "bug-in" until it becomes necessary to "bug-out".
    I will not be a soft target for any looters or similar opportunists, but I don't care to be "sieged" into submission either.
    It is a real mind bender, to consider, that's for sure.

Mike
    Injunbro, DocZeus, Bojo and 1 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2797 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
    I suspect you are right.. I suspect the O administration thinks the same thing. Been buyin' lots of "practice" ammo for Homeland Secruity, USDA and NOAH weather. Training troops in controlling domestic unrest.

I hope we're wrong.

Taking tin foil hat off and storing it withing arm's reach.

Too late for tin foil. These events ARE happening in Europe today with only a 10-15% in lifestyle change, AND to a much smaller percentage than our 47%. I do NOT want to see Americans starving in the snow but they will be forced to give up the cell phones, and start looking for jobs. If they are going to accept OUR taxes why can't they clean up school yards, roads, cut grass, or other make work jobs? It's the ones who haven't had a family member work in 70-80 years that will be in the streets, and breaking into homes.
    All we need to do is look to Europe, see whats happening there TODAY, and multiply it for our 47%. How do we tell our kids, and grandkids, that this is the world we leave to them?
    Bojo and FLETCH3913 like this.
    When I was young my Mother told me I could be anyone I wanted to be. Turns out the police call that 'Identity Theft.'

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    18233 times
    Don't forget the battery powered short wave radios.

Member #
    Liked
    2797 times
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC Snakedriver View Post
    Don't forget the battery powered short wave radios.

If we can learn from Europe it LOOKS like the riots are confined to the inner cities, imagine that. Then again their's is a smaller scale on population numbers.

Member #
    Liked
    1183 times
    The citiots (lazy city folk who have no idea what real work is or how food is produced) will be the first to go. Those of us in more rural areas should be able to make do alright. Those of us living on properties that have been farmed since the late 1700s, properties that still have stockpiles of old hand tools, horse drawn equipment, woodlots, ponds and plenty of wild edibles, will be fine.

Life will go on w/o all the mod cons, although you wouldn't think so if you see how lazy we've become as a whole.

I'd highly recommend you guys buy copies of The Boy Scout Handbook, The Scoutmaster's Handbook and The Boy Scout Field Manual. Everything you need to survive post collapse is in them. The older the versions you can find, the better prepared you will be. I have them as far back as 1936.
    RDLouks, Crazybastid83 and Bojo like this.

Member #
    Liked
    6873 times
    WOLVERINES!

I feel much better now...
    1 old 0311, DocZeus and FLETCH3913 like this.
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Member #
    Liked
    2797 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MOONDAWG View Post
    WOLVERINES!

I feel much better now...

You may be right Dawg.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links