• 1 Post By ETF

Thread: YMCA five out of seven days

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4665 times

YMCA five out of seven days

We as in the Spouse and I go to the YMCA five out of seven days. She swims laps and I walk. Thus I am close to my goal of 780 miles for the year, which translates into 15 miles per five day week. We as in me also walk in the evening an addition 2 miles per five day week which translates into 520 miles thus combined total of 1300 miles. In my seventh decade I'm happy to be here. I stopped doing 20 mile walks on occasion. We average just under 20 minute miles considering we are not flat landers except at the YMCA the track which is flat we go a little faster.

Someone asked me if I like walking and I replied "Not So Much-but it keeps me among the living"

Member #
    Liked
    8140 times
    According to the much-hated iphone, I walk over 3mi per day at work. That's over a 9-10hr day, so not a lot of cardio benefit for me. It does show the need for comfortable shoes!
    dennis40xnc likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    18386 times
    My Fit Bit Charge 2 is always saying I'm over my goals. Problem is, I farm so everything I do involves physical effort. I always tell people that go to health clubs and pay for use of the machines, to come out here, I'll give them a workout, for free.
    Bob K, jeepnut, Thewelshm and 1 others like this.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4665 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
    My Fit Bit Charge 2 is always saying I'm over my goals. Problem is, I farm so everything I do involves physical effort. I always tell people that go to health clubs and pay for use of the machines, to come out here, I'll give them a workout, for free.
    I worked on my uncles dairy farm. He offered me the farm if I would stay. I opted out and enlisted in USMC. Looking back it may not have been my best decision at the time but things worked out in the end for my uncle and I going separate paths.
    jeepnut, RdrBill and ETF like this.

Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    That's what I tell people all the time. Come spend a day splitting firewood, putting up fence, or stacking hay. Beats any gym equipment ever made.
    dennis40xnc and jeepnut like this.

Member #
    Liked
    13849 times
    I say...If I stop walking every day........I'll stop livin'!!!!! Bob
    Curt360 and dennis40xnc like this.
    When you want the BEST! Bob

Member #
    Liked
    81289 times
    I walk on average about 11,000 steps a day at work. 4-5 miles I figure but not a continuous walk.
    dennis40xnc likes this.
    I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'!

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself."
    George Washington

ETF
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis40xnc View Post
    I worked on my uncles dairy farm. He offered me the farm if I would stay. I opted out and enlisted in USMC. Looking back it may not have been my best decision at the time but things worked out in the end for my uncle and I going separate paths.
    I would have turned him down flat too. As a kid, I worked on my uncle's dairy farm during summer break. Never again. That was hard, steady work. The cows don't take week-ends off. Between the cows and hand picking potatoes I knew what work was. There were no child labor laws back then. In fact we got "Potato Holidays", a week off school in the fall to go pick potatoes.

My wife and I need to start walking again, especially her. I work around the place and over at the farm so I do get some exercise and it's about to pick up now that the summer heat is gone.
    Last edited by ETF; 10-21-2019 at 05:59 PM.
    dennis40xnc likes this.

Links