Thread: Your date is a real dog!

Member #
    Liked
    36673 times

Wink Your date is a real dog!

Name:  looks like their pet.png
Views: 30
Size:  74.2 KB
    My father once had a Sunbeam Tiger. Took delivery in the UK, so it had right hand drive. Fast forward a few years, and he's brought it to the US, and gave it to my much older brother. Well, my brother had an auburn colored, full-size, poodle; looked just like the right hand picture, only reddish brown. One day he was taking the dog to the vet, so dropped the top on the Tiger, got the dog to sit in the passenger (left) seat, and headed into town. They were idling at a stoplight when a Chevelle SS full of hormone-laden teenage boys scritched to a stop next to the Tiger. The long flowing ears, curly auburn hair, and you know what the boys thought was sitting in that seat - the left hand picture of course! Then they saw the animal full face - and the look on their faces was priceless!
    No God, No Good.... Know God, Know Good....

Any government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take everything you have.--- Thomas Jefferson

911 Response time: 600+ seconds. 1911 response time: 800+ feet per second.

US Navy, Vietnam Vet, NRA Life Member, GOA Life Member, Hook'em Horns!

Member #
    Liked
    6381 times
    How did you know I was in the Chevelle!

Member #
    Liked
    543 times
    Hey Baby! Love that curly hair! Whoa! Ha, ha, ha, that is funny.
    Oldgungeezer likes this.
    I watched Hamlet, MacBeth, and A Midnight Summers Dream; and now I am a Shakespeare fan. I set out to fill my mind with classics, one way or the other.
    I read A Tale Of Two Cities, and Huckleberry Finn, and Jane Eyre; and watched Wuthering Heights, and Les Miserales, and The Time Machine. And now I am big fan of them.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2345 times
    Wasn’t that car Maxwell Smart’s ride?
    Oldgungeezer likes this.
    Don't be so open minded your brains fall out.

Member #
    Liked
    2345 times
    Wasn’t that car Maxwell Smart’s ride?
    Don't be so open minded your brains fall out.

Member #
    Liked
    17966 times
    One car I always wanted, a Sunbeam Tiger with a Ford V8 under the bonnet. Pocket rocket.
    Oldgungeezer likes this.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

Member #
    Liked
    36673 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
    One car I always wanted, a Sunbeam Tiger with a Ford V8 under the bonnet. Pocket rocket.
    Ours was the Mk I with the 260 V8. The Mk II had the 289. Even then Pop ripped the traction links off the body (connecting rear axle to frame) 3 times. The third time the dealer said "You are abusing the vehicle, this is the last time we repair this under warranty" But they did weld on a reinforcement pad, and it held evermore. Thought it was a sweet ride. Even though the ragtop always leaked, it loved sweeping turns at speed. Designed to compete with the XKE, it would do 0-60 in about 6 seconds. Top end around 125. This out of something the size of an MGB. The engine was so long, the rear two spark plugs were removed by going through little panels on the dashboard! When we sold it (long story there) an Army tanker bought it for weekend racing. I went with him on the test drive, and he was drifting that thing through residential street corners with great skill! I did not want Pop to sell that thing... But a freshman at UT with that car would have been in more trouble, faster, than anything you could imagine.

Sunbeam was owned by Roots, and eventually Roots ended up under GM. The small block Chevy V8 wouldn't fit, so they quit making the Tiger altogether.
    Oldgungeezer and Curt360 like this.
    No God, No Good.... Know God, Know Good....

Any government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take everything you have.--- Thomas Jefferson

911 Response time: 600+ seconds. 1911 response time: 800+ feet per second.

US Navy, Vietnam Vet, NRA Life Member, GOA Life Member, Hook'em Horns!

Member #
    Liked
    425 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
    It varied. Some years of the Tiger had a V8 MOPAR engine in it (273 I think).

Member #
    Liked
    10160 times
    The Rootes Group was acquired by Chrysler. So for a time you had a British car with a Ford engine warranted by Chrysler.

Links