Size:  32.6 KB
    Thewelshm likes this.
    NRA Certified RSO

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    9654 times
    I thought you guys were talking about the famous Midway Battle that changed the Battle of the Pacific during WW2...I was confused.
    Rule3 likes this.
    S&W revolvers and Colt 1911's
    NRA Life Membership

Member #
    Liked
    5907 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911 View Post
    I thought you guys were talking about the famous Midway Battle that changed the Battle of the Pacific during WW2...I was confused.
    Nah, it was one of those many First World Problems.

I love this ad!

1911 likes this.
    NRA Certified RSO

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    14855 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis40xnc View Post
    Be that is it may, but when they ship you the wrong item and bill your credit card more than you authorized, its a nettlesome issue. They admitted yesterday their was a problem with their stocking number and they had sent me a item that is prohibited from being returned. Now they are working out the details. Then when you have fifteen plus minute waits on customer service via the phone its annoying!!!!
    Bless your heart. Hope you're feeling better soon.
    Rule3 likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4668 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Bless your heart. Hope you're feeling better soon.
    Bless your heart also, hope your feeling better also!!!!!!!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis40xnc View Post
    Lack of response from Midway placed an order for (2) containers of Gun Scrubber Synthetic safe received (4) containers of the standard Gun Scrubber. Followed the online procedure to contact Midway no response. Talking to Midway Via the phone your put on hold for 15-20 minutes, I'm not waiting that long. Contacted the bank credit card filed a disputed transaction report wait time was under a minute.

NRA is no better followed the online procedure for contacting in regards to receiving a subscribed publication no reply.

The lack of customer support is nettlesome!
    I had a similar situation 6 months ago, I ordered a few cans from Amazon and received cans not marked "Synthetic Safe". I went right to Birchwood Casey customer service and they informed me that all of their 10, 13 and 15 oz cans are synthetic safe no matter what the cans are marked. They also said there is a larger can (I don't remember the size) that is NOT synthetic safe but it in time will be as well. I've since used it on my Glock with no problems...

Member #
    Liked
    1388 times
    Yes, coincidentally I just ordered from Midway........they have a deal where they offer you a birthday discount for a couple of weeks around your birthday and this year I took them up on it and my order came quick and complete.

They are a really good seller.
    ChattanoogaPhil likes this.
    "Supposin' I was to go to work and learn how to... to read writin'. Well, how'd I know that the feller that... that wrote the writin' was a writin' the writin' right? Here I might be just a readin' wrong writin', don't ya see?"
    [Festus Haggen]

Member #
    Liked
    18490 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    I've had recent experiences with two companies. In both cases I received very prompt and helpful responses to my email sent through their web site. Not all companies are neglecting the extreme importance of good customer service.

Neither of these companies were gun or shooting accessory related, so didn't include their names.

HOWEVER, Gramps did phone Vortex this Monday morning about the fact that his new red dot sight came with screws too short to keep it attached to the mounting plate for Glocks. They not only immediately put a selection of various longer screws in the mail, but included a free Vortex hat. The package is supposed to arrive Thursday. He didn't have to wait long on the phone either!

(The reason I said "too short to keep it attached" is obvious in the vertical cut just above his eyebrow where the sight flew off and hit him in the head on round #9 out of his Glock 19 -- His dentist asked how he got that cut and all he was able to say was, "I got this new sight for my gun......" and the dentist interrupted with "OH YES, I know all about THAT!" )
    Granny, I'm also a happy Vortex customer, I own 5 of their scopes, all high end rifle scopes. I do prefer Swarovski optics but they are so, so expensive, I can only afford their binoculars. When you lay out over 2 grand for a pair of bino's you are either nuts or want the best. I'm the latter, I think, well, don't ask my wife....

Had an issue with a Viper PST Long Range scope and they replaced it with an new one before I ever returned the defective one and I too got a couple hats and a Tee shirt. Keep in mind that all their optics are made offshore, all they do is import them but they are made to their specifications. High end stuff is made in the Philipenes and the lower priced stuff in China or Taiwan.

Another good optic that don't get mush play is Hawke. Just as good as the Vortex line, not quite as good as Nightforce and certainly not on par with Swaro.
    ShooterGranny likes this.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4668 times
    So here we sit with (4) cans of Gun Scrubber that we have no intention of using, waiting for return authorization from Midway. Their customer service representative is looking into the procedure for that to occur. Its like waiting for hell to freeze over. As I've stated previously they admitted the mistake was on their part, some thing to do with Bar-Codes.

In the meantime we placed a odder with Amazon for Shooters Choice Synthetic which arrived on schedule with no problems.

Member #
    Liked
    227 times
    I placed an order with Midway a while back. When it came in, the box had 3-4 shirts. I didn’t order any clothes. Called Midway and somehow I got someone else’s order and they got mine. They reshipped my order overnight and told me to just keep the shirts. I was lucky. They were my size too!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Links