Prayer request - Oldgungeezer
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree685Likes

Thread: Prayer request - Oldgungeezer

Member #
    Liked
    54767 times

Prayer request - Oldgungeezer

Bill (Oldgungeezer) is in the hospital w/ diverticulosis. He's in great pain & could use some prayers. The interesting combination of a cowboy/biker/gun dealer/ engineer/physicist/phone man/very good friend doesn't usually even mention pain although he's seen a lot of it (everything from broken neck/skull on down). I'm always impressed w/ the effectiveness of prayers of the good folks here, can we get some for Bill?
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment & buy one" Jesus - Luke 22:36

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    20879 times
    Here's hoping he recovers quickly and fully...

I was diagnosed with this during a colonoscopy and a year later my colon split open. It's a potentially lethal situation, and I was operated on within hours. The recovery took about 9 months...

So, the moral of the story is to take care of the colon, respect what you put down there and be aware of things when they start to go wrong.
    Cheers! Marc

Check out my Gun Rights BLOG at: http://skilledshot.wordpress.com
    accipere facile, sed sumite! - Take it easy, but take it!
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol; Personal Protection Inside and Outside the Home; Rifle; Reloading: Chief RSO
    NC DOJ Concealed Carry Instructor; Appointed Member North Carolina Criminal Justice Information Network

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    746 times
    Prayer sent ,

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    7942 times
    Well ,, this certainly bummed out the day
    Many, MANY thoughts will go to Brother Bill today.

Hope to hear update when possible.
    Injunbro, jeepnut, Curt360 and 4 others like this.
    Where am I going ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and why am I in this handbasket ?

Member #
    Liked
    4839 times
    Prayers on way, diverticulosis is as hard to resolve as it is to spell. The hospital is the best place to be to get better fast
    Injunbro, jeepnut, Curt360 and 3 others like this.
    Have A Good One,
    Rob

He that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Jesus

‘Twern’t be no good if it wasn’t loaded! John Wayne

I invest in Lead, Brass and Copper. Me

Member #
    Liked
    179 times
    As a Diverticulitis and subsequent colon resection survivor, I send my heartfelt prayers for a good outcome and speedy recovery. My first attack happened at work in 2007 and I walked out to my car bent double in pain (think: white hot iron rod shoved in groin level of pain!)
    Diverticulitis ain't no joke...

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    15426 times
    Prayers sent. Amy has it but not acute. I had a colon blockage after surgery and wound up back in the hospital with a nice fat tube down my nose. No pain on my part either other than the tube screwed with my speech for a while. I got to watch the tube 'gently' vacuum the gunk out. Good now, pooping like a champ.

The tube gave new meaning to the phrase...'up your nose with a rubber hose'

Colon cancer and the associated side effects are a bitch, plain and simple. I contracted AFIB as well from the stress associated with the blockage.

I can realate and again, I'll be praying tor him tonight before I retire.

I have to admit, I was never much of a believer in God before I was diagnosed with colon cancer and given a 30% chance of surviving it, but I am now. The Lord shined on me and let me live another day. He could have taken my life but he didn't. He obviously has plans for me, what they are, I have no idea but whatever they are, I'm in 100%.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

Member #
    Liked
    23708 times
    Prayers for a hurting forum member?? You Bet!!
    Injunbro, jeepnut, Curt360 and 3 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    15855 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Injunbro View Post
    Bill (Oldgungeezer) is in the hospital w/ diverticulosis. He's in great pain & could use some prayers. The interesting combination of a cowboy/biker/gun dealer/ engineer/physicist/phone man/very good friend doesn't usually even mention pain although he's seen a lot of it (everything from broken neck/skull on down). I'm always impressed w/ the effectiveness of prayers of the good folks here, can we get some for Bill?
    I've had bouts with it too but not to his level to put me in the hospital. I've been lucky I guess with antibiotics It clears up. But it comes back sooner or later. Feel better soon oldgungeezer.
    Injunbro, jeepnut, Curt360 and 2 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    30504 times
    Prayers for a speedy recovery!! Not at all familiar with the diagnosis, but suffice i wouldn't wish it on anyone, ever. Get well fast, SIr.
    jeepnut, Injunbro, Curt360 and 2 others like this.
    No God, No Good.... Know God, Know Good....

Any government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take everything you have.--- Thomas Jefferson

911 Response time: 600+ seconds. 1911 response time: 800+ feet per second.

US Navy, Vietnam Vet, NRA Life Member, GOA Life Member, Hook'em Horns!

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Links