Insurance, paying more because I'm fat......
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Insurance, paying more because I'm fat......

Member #
    Liked
    3157 times

Insurance, paying more because I'm fat......

Looks like our insurance instituted a wellness program to determine our deductible.Scored perfectly on everything except body fat index. Being that I'm overweight (even though my cholesterol is only 130, b.p. is 122/65, don't smoke or drink) the fact that I'm fat is making my deductable $600.00 instead of $200.00.I'm glad the government feels the need to make me pay more for being fat. Bad enough that I gotta pay extra for 3X clothing.Not asking for sympathy, but I find this rather insulting.
    EXNJCOP56, WendyZXZ, USAMP and 4 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    10934 times
    Wait 'till they jack it up another $600 because you bought ammo
    NWDave, DocZeus, gygaz59 and 3 others like this.
    My friends call me 'Mick'
    Save the Second Amendment, take a kid shooting!

Member #
    Liked
    129 times
    I would be asking them the last time the scale was certified accurate.
    Injunbro and georgepittenger like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    263 times
    I have something similar at work. If I, along with my wife, don't participate in the yearly "Health Screening" put on by our insurance company I have to pay an extra $30.00 per week for coverage.

Member #
    Liked
    7071 times
    Insurance companies by their very nature, be they liability, health, car insurance, whatever, are programmed to maximize premiums, limit or deny paying claims, and above all else, LIMIT RISK, real or imagined. That's what they do to boost the shareholder's profits. They're just trying a new industry standard of screwing their clients, to keep all those juicy premiums they're collecting. It doesn't matter that for the early years of your life, when you paid and NEVER used the insurance, you were paying for other unhealthy/aged/sick people, and now that it's YOUR turn on the other end, they want you to cough up more dough......

LeMat, I'd start going to the doctor, emergency rooms, weight-reduction seminars, ANYTHING that they have to pay for under your policy, for EVERY little ache and pain, real or imagined......rack up a few grand here and there, and KEEP hammering them with it.....if they ask, tell them you're trying to GET HEALTHIER, like they suggested; you'll feel better, and have 1st-class health care to assure it.

We've had car insurance companies raise our rates (35 years safe driving records, no claims against us), and tell us things like "your credit score is down, you're a greater risk" (we owe NOTHING to ANYBODY, not even a mortgage, and use NO credit whatsoever, pay cash or check for everything)....So, I promptly dropped them, and went to another company that was willing to accept our premiums from a PROVEN low risk insured. Funny, the company that pulled that one (Allstate) started sending us "welcome back" solicitation letters, after they took a BATH paying for their Katrina insured.....I collected them up for about 4 months, taped them all to some bricks, and taped one of their conveniently-provided "postage-paid" return envelopes to the face of the brick, and took it to the post office, and handed it to a smiling clerk.....

I send back a LOT of bricks these days, to pesky catalog and mail-order companies......got half a pallet left in the backyard.....for some reason, they stop sending things after paying for a few bricks' "postage-due".

DocZeus
    AKA
    David
    Injunbro, NWDave, pjc586 and 4 others like this.
    NRA Member.....SWCA Member.....Semi-Retired, But Not Dead Yet.....

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    18233 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DocZeus View Post
    Insurance companies by their very nature, be they liability, health, car insurance, whatever, are programmed to maximize premiums, limit or deny paying claims, and above all else, LIMIT RISK, real or imagined. That's what they do to boost the shareholder's profits. They're just trying a new industry standard of screwing their clients, to keep all those juicy premiums they're collecting. It doesn't matter that for the early years of your life, when you paid and NEVER used the insurance, you were paying for other unhealthy/aged/sick people, and now that it's YOUR turn on the other end, they want you to cough up more dough......

LeMat, I'd start going to the doctor, emergency rooms, weight-reduction seminars, ANYTHING that they have to pay for under your policy, for EVERY little ache and pain, real or imagined......rack up a few grand here and there, and KEEP hammering them with it.....if they ask, tell them you're trying to GET HEALTHIER, like they suggested; you'll feel better, and have 1st-class health care to assure it.

We've had car insurance companies raise our rates (35 years safe driving records, no claims against us), and tell us things like "your credit score is down, you're a greater risk" (we owe NOTHING to ANYBODY, not even a mortgage, and use NO credit whatsoever, pay cash or check for everything)....So, I promptly dropped them, and went to another company that was willing to accept our premiums from a PROVEN low risk insured. Funny, the company that pulled that one (Allstate) started sending us "welcome back" solicitation letters, after they took a BATH paying for their Katrina insured.....I collected them up for about 4 months, taped them all to some bricks, and taped one of their conveniently-provided "postage-paid" return envelopes to the face of the brick, and took it to the post office, and handed it to a smiling clerk.....

I send back a LOT of bricks these days, to pesky catalog and mail-order companies......got half a pallet left in the backyard.....for some reason, they stop sending things after paying for a few bricks' "postage-due".

DocZeus
    AKA
    David
    The brick thing is genius!! I have a bunch of postage paid envelopes that need to go back to the Sierra Club, AARP and PETA.

Member #
    Liked
    7071 times
    I know...I have too much time on my hands these days.....

I can't claim the credit for the idea, but it is effective.....The Gun Owners Of America started it back around the AWB of 1994, having their members solicit "postage paid donation envelopes" from Handgun Control Inc, and The Brady Center.....They then mailed back bricks, rocks, steel machine parts, one guy tried to mail a truck axle back to them, with a postage-paid envelope taped to it......They HAD to pay the return postage, licensed by their mail permit, or they would lose their mail permit, and possibly their tax-exempt status.....It was a stroke of GENIUS on GOA's leaders part....

The scuttlebutt was HCI and Brady had over a cool Million in postage costs the first two months of GOA's campaign......

DocZeus
    AKA
    David
    Injunbro likes this.
    NRA Member.....SWCA Member.....Semi-Retired, But Not Dead Yet.....

Banned
    Member #
    West of heaven and just east of hell...buckeye az
    Liked
    504 times
    Hell I am FAT, not outa shape but I am fat... I guess you can tell I dont give a RIP!!!
    DocZeus likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    129 times
    Doc,

Always something new. Does the White house need donations of cinderblock?

"Mr. President. Fat donation here. Pls send a postage paid gunny sack. It is all in fives."

What fun!
    DocZeus likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    129 times

Cool

LeMat,

Ask them for a gastric bypass at $25 grand, in order to reach your goals and reduce your premium. Watch them gag.
    DocZeus, Stubborn and Injunbro like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links