How doe's this gun even fire
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times

How doe's this gun even fire

Well I went and bought myself a fancy ruger 1022, with the French walnut stock. It's a thing of beauty, but the trigger pull leaves a lot to be desired. So I went on a 22 specialty sight to see what they were doing for triggers. What I found out was that my bolt needed reworked, a new barrel was in order, I needed a polymer bolt stop. Plus a whole new trigger Assembly. When all said and done it might group as well as my savage. Aren't these forums great.

Site Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8368 times

Re: How doe's this gun even fire

Yeah, they'll leave you wanting all the best and make you think anything less is immoral.

Regarding the 10/22, all you really need is the Volquatsen target hammer. An easy drop in and a huge improvement, all for around $30, I believe.
    Lost in the woods.

Gizamo

Cabela's sells the trigger group for one. Takes about 5-10 minutes to change it out...and you have one heck of a nice trigger. Last time I bought one was about $45....

Steve

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    14015 times

The roughness Of a Ruger trigger seems to go away with use. The Rugers that I have owned are .22's: 10/22 Std. Carbine and a few Standard Auto's (4). They all seemed fine to me after a break-in period of 500 rounds.

A fellow shooter had a much modified Ruger 10/22. He looked at my standard rifle, and said "Ya' know.....I don't know why I wasted so much money on this rifle! Yours (std 10/22) is all you really need!"
    I thought about it for awhile. I guess he's right! If I wanted a better rifle......I'd have bought one!!! Bob
    When you want the BEST! Bob

Links