Traded for new Hipoint 10mm Carbine.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Traded for new Hipoint 10mm Carbine.

Member #
    Liked
    96487 times
    Had one in 9mm and it was accurate and fun to shoot. But alas, I had to sell it so I could buy my M&P Sport 2 AR15. You should have much fun with yours.
    Last edited by Curt360; 02-02-2020 at 04:37 PM.
    I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'!

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself."
    George Washington

Member #
    Liked
    590 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt360 View Post
    Had one in 9mm and it was accurate and fun to shoot. But alas, I had to sell it so I could buy my M&P Sport 2 AR15. You should have much fun with yours.
    I have both but I had my Sport 2 AR15 before I got my Hi-Point. I find myself shooting the carbine more than the AR15 for some reason.

Site Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    26878 times
    I want to get a gunsmith here to take off the front sight and thread the barrel on my 380 & 9mm Hi-Points. That way I can put a can on them both.
    Cans make shooting so much fun.

WOW,
    I just realized if I get a can for the 40/10mm I will also be able to use it for my 9mm & 380, because the bullets are all nearly the same diameter.
    Last edited by gearchecker; 02-02-2020 at 07:16 PM.
    Teach them the truth, and let them sort thru the cobwebs of liberalism that have infested their minds.
    When the time comes that I don't want a new gun, call the undertaker!
    When they come for your guns, give them the ammo first!
    .45 ACP, Because shooting twice is just plain silly!

http://www.corneredcat.com
    http://www.takdriver.com

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    69583 times
    That is true as I was reading on that. Glad they started putting the threaded barrel on the 10 mm.
    Fandango1949 and Oldgungeezer like this.
    Regards,
    Rodney

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead."

Thomas Paine

Member #
    Liked
    8134 times
    Hi Point! Great pistols! Great carbines! Never used one in 10mm, but the 9mm I used was a hum dinger! Just nothing but excellent function with any brand of ammo used. Doubtless you will find your 10mm to be the a hoot to shoot at the range. Out in the woods and fields it will be the bomb for small game ... even deer! After all, the 10mm in a handgun is a hot round. It'll be even better in a carbine! Sincerely. bruce.

Member #
    Liked
    1891 times
    Congratulations on your trade for your Highpoint 10mm carbine rifle.
    When someone shows you who they are,believe them the first time. Maya Angelo

..............................................[IMG][/IMG]

Member #
    Liked
    8512 times
    Name:  Resized_20180607_214220.jpeg
Views: 10
Size:  781.2 KB
    I pulled the iron sights off mine (I can't see them worth a darn). I did have some trouble at first, it does not like plated bullets. The plating would peel off when exiting the barrel resulting in a disturbing reduction in accuracy. Jacketed bullets work fine. I use the 180gr Hornady HAP over a dose of Longshot.

Member #
    Liked
    69583 times
    Quote Originally Posted by scott View Post
    Name:  Resized_20180607_214220.jpeg
Views: 10
Size:  781.2 KB
    I pulled the iron sights off mine (I can't see them worth a darn). I did have some trouble at first, it does not like plated bullets. The plating would peel off when exiting the barrel resulting in a disturbing reduction in accuracy. Jacketed bullets work fine. I use the 180gr Hornady HAP over a dose of Longshot.
    Thanks for the heads up on the bullets as I am waiting for the dies to start reloading.
    Oldgungeezer likes this.
    Regards,
    Rodney

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead."

Thomas Paine

Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gearchecker View Post
    I own each of the Hi-Point carbines, except for the new 10mm rifle. I have the 380 ACP, 9mm, 45ACP, and the .40 S&W models. They are unlike the Hi-Point handgun counterparts in that they are really reliable, and accurate enough for some really fun shooting sessions. They'll easily shoot 2-3" groups at 100 yds with a decent scope.
    I really like my 9mm (I've had it since 2009), but the scope it came with (I got it used) sucked.

I could not get it sighted in at 25 yards, as it constantly drifted (randomly, one time the hole trail wandered up & left, another time straight right, etc) no matter what I did with/to the scope.

I finally removed the scope and re-installed the factory sights - it is now much more accurate!

I have been kind of looking for a 40mm, to match my Baby Eagle.

Member #
    Liked
    295 times
    If it's not being too forward, may I ask what did you trade for the Hi Point?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Links