Like Tree96Likes

Thread: Gun Show Find, 92 Winchester

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    35741 times

Gun Show Find, 92 Winchester

Well, this was my first time at the Prescott Valley Crossroads of the West Gun Show. This is a fairly new promoter for a regional gun show that has been running for several years.

I took several guns as trade material with me and swapped off the National Ordanance Garand Tanker modified to utilize M-14 Magazines for a 92 Winchester Rifle with octagon barrel chambered for .32 WCF (32-20). It has been reblued and the stock refinished. The rifling is strong with some discoloration. All-in-all, this classic rifle promises to be a good shooter in a caliber that I'm particularly fond of.....

Name:  Winchester1892RifleOctBar32WCF-01.JPG
Views: 38
Size:  2.46 MB

Name:  Winchester1892RifleOctBar32WCF-02.JPG
Views: 35
Size:  2.40 MB

* EDIT * Clarification: Crossroads of the West is far from a new gun show promoter......they have been promoting gun shows in several states for a number of years. However, the Prescott Valley show is a newer venue for this promoter.
    Last edited by Oldgungeezer; 08-17-2019 at 06:18 PM.
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    24980 times
    I think lever guns are cool. That, and pump action are what I grew up shoot. Dad never owned a bolt action rifle until I was grown up and out of the house. As a result, I find bolt actions awkward to operate and have never owned one. Here in NW PA in the heart of the Allegheny National Forest the woods are fairly thick and a 100 yard or more shot at a deer is uncommon so my Marlin 30-30 is really all the rifle I need. Congratulations on finding a Winchester in your favorite caliber

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    9637 times
    Hey Bill. I looked at that '92 and really like it - ya' did good Amigo.
    Leo @ Death Valley - S&WCA #2364

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    22135 times
    Nice find. Good work.

Duty then is the sublimest word in the English language. You should do your duty in all things. You can never do more, you should never wish to do less

Robert E. Lee

Member #
    Liked
    6084 times
    Great looking rifle, you sure are lucky!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    35741 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesy814 View Post
    I think lever guns are cool. That, and pump action are what I grew up shoot. Dad never owned a bolt action rifle until I was grown up and out of the house. As a result, I find bolt actions awkward to operate and have never owned one. Here in NW PA in the heart of the Allegheny National Forest the woods are fairly thick and a 100 yard or more shot at a deer is uncommon so my Marlin 30-30 is really all the rifle I need. Congratulations on finding a Winchester in your favorite caliber
    Jonesy, speaking of your 30-30 Marlin and my appreciation of .32WCF. here's my 94C Marlin in 32-20 (shown with a Uberti in the same caliber).....Name:  UbertiMarlin32-20_01.JPG
Views: 38
Size:  1.69 MB
    WendyZXZ, Leo918, Injunbro and 6 others like this.
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    55601 times
    Congrats Bill on another 32-20 in a Legendary Rifle. Congrats as that seems like a successful show.
    lawdog, Curt360 and Oldgungeezer like this.
    Regards,
    Rodney

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead."

Thomas Paine

Member #
    Liked
    8290 times
    Dang Bill, 32-20 will NEVER grow old or die,,,,,,, as long as your around.
    Where am I going ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and why am I in this handbasket ?

You know my uncle , he's as honest as me . An I'm as honest as a government man can be.

Site Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    38068 times
    Looks like a great find!
    Curt360 and Oldgungeezer like this.
    Everything that happens is either endurable or not. If it’s endurable, then endure it. Stop complaining. If it’s unendurable . . . then stop complaining. Your destruction will mean its end as well.

Member #
    Liked
    4249 times
    That's a nice one Bill. Mine is a half round, half octagon with the crescent butt. Not much finish but a dandy shooter. Come to think of it, I have 6 guns chambered for the 32-20 Winchester: the 92 Win, a Stevens 44 single shot, three S&W hand ejectors and a Italian made Colt SA clone. The latter, a Uberti, is the only one with nearly 100% finish.

Name:  IMG_1186.JPG
Views: 27
Size:  2.54 MB

I say "nearly" because I had to file down the front sight because it shot way too high. I think the height was set for 45 Colt.

John
    If you have ten thousand regulations, you destroy all respect for the law. Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links