Mercworx or Randall ?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Mercworx or Randall ?

Member #
    Liked
    3064 times

Mercworx or Randall ?

Here in the beautiful People's Republik of Illinois, virtually every other location has the 'no guns' sign. Here they do have force of law (misdemeanor),so I've taken to carrying a defensive knife.

Presently, it's a Benchmade Infidel automatic.

I'm contemplating adding a fixed blade, and due to the way I learned, I prefer a double edge. Came up with these candidates and want to know if anyone has any experience with them.

Mercworx Small Shiva:

Randall Combat Companion:

I'm leaning towards the Shiva as it's symmetric. Both are around 5" (give or take)

Thoughts?
    Last edited by delcrossv; 07-26-2019 at 01:26 PM.
    jeepnut, WendyZXZ and combat like this.
    "The right to buy weapons is the right to be free." -A.E. van Vogt

It's the United States, not the United Provinces: Invoke Article V. Repeal the 17th.

Member #
    Liked
    47199 times
    Randalls are nice I have a weakness for them. You may want to consider an Applegate-Fairbairn as it is a double edged knife made by Boker. The knife on the far right in this pic is an Applegate, all the others are Randalls.
    I'm Mr Bad Example, take a look at me.

Member #
    Liked
    3064 times
    All I see is a Tokarev ???

Like this? it only comes in 440C

Name:  BO120545.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  30.4 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by delcrossv; 07-26-2019 at 01:57 PM.
    jeepnut and WendyZXZ like this.

It's the United States, not the United Provinces: Invoke Article V. Repeal the 17th.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3226 times
    Randall is my pick. Tough and very durable.
    delcrossv and jeepnut like this.
    Paul

STUPID WILL GET YOU KILLED

Member #
    Liked
    55497 times
    I prefer double edged fighting knives, they penetrate much better & cut both ways inside flesh. If the one that left the interesting scar on my hand was double edged it would have done a lot more than stop when it hit my knuckle. However, I don't recommend a knife as a weapon since very few actually know how to quickly kill or disable w/ one... waiting for an attacker to bleed out gives them way too much time to damage you & your loved ones & is a close range tool that doesn't work well on multiple attackers. When a young friend went to comifornica w/ his family he asked which knife I recommended since he couldn't legally bring a handgun. I asked why bring a knife when it will be considered just as illegal as a gun & only slightly as useful? I don't know what he carried, I know his wife was packing her Ruger.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment & buy one" Jesus - Luke 22:36

Member #
    Liked
    52428 times
    At least here if carry and they happen to find out and have a sign, only recourse is to ask me to leave. Which, if they have no gun sign, they get no money from me. Sorry to hear so prevalent there as they are proof gun free zones and gun restrictions do not work.
    delcrossv likes this.
    Regards,
    Rodney

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead."

Thomas Paine

Member #
    Liked
    3064 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Injunbro View Post
    I prefer double edged fighting knives, they penetrate much better & cut both ways inside flesh. If the one that left the interesting scar on my hand was double edged it would have done a lot more than stop when it hit my knuckle. However, I don't recommend a knife as a weapon since very few actually know how to quickly kill or disable w/ one... waiting for an attacker to bleed out gives them way too much time to damage you & your loved ones & is a close range tool that doesn't work well on multiple attackers. When a young friend went to comifornica w/ his family he asked which knife I recommended since he couldn't legally bring a handgun. I asked why bring a knife when it will be considered just as illegal as a gun & only slightly as useful? I don't know what he carried, I know his wife was packing her Ruger.
    Oh, I woudn't say that. If you know what you're doing it can be VERY effective. At contact range, maybe moreso than a gun. I'm teaching the kids everything I've learned.

I learned forestroke/backstroke so double edged is the way to go. And yes, I've been tagged a couple of times- but the history behind that is not for public consumption . Let's just say Rodgers Park in the 80's
    Last edited by delcrossv; 07-26-2019 at 07:04 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    3064 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bearcat6 View Post
    Randalls are nice I have a weakness for them. You may want to consider an Applegate-Fairbairn as it is a double edged knife made by Boker. The knife on the far right in this pic is an Applegate, all the others are Randalls.
    I'm liking the middle one, maybe too big to carry conveniently.
    bearcat6 likes this.

Site Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    37435 times
    Both look like fine choices, I think either one would be pretty good, although only experience with have with either is Randall and we both like the knives a lot!
    delcrossv likes this.
    Everything that happens is either endurable or not. If it’s endurable, then endure it. Stop complaining. If it’s unendurable . . . then stop complaining. Your destruction will mean its end as well.

Member #
    Liked
    5991 times
    Im partial to Randals myself - this gambler is one i like - 5" blade with oal of 9"

Name:  1017-2.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  34.0 KB
    Name:  1017-1.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  65.5 KB
    Name:  1017-4.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  32.1 KB
    Last edited by blazermark; 07-26-2019 at 07:41 PM.
    Speak softly, but carry a big Smith..

While many are stronger, the wolf doesn't perform in the circus.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links