Rant - Coleman coolers
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Rant - Coleman coolers

Member #
    Liked
    5860 times

Rant - Coleman coolers

Last week I was getting my hunting stuff cleaned for the upcoming Dove season and like several times in the past, the plastic hinges on my Coleman Xtreme broke. Those little pieces of junk measured .028. I call that designing failure into a product. Replaced with stainless, but am fed up with Coleman. I've got five retired Colemans - all with broken hinges or leaking drains. (I keep primers and powder in them). Rant over.

Member #
    Liked
    6519 times
    Only took you five coolers to get miffed?

IGLOO
    jonesy814, Injunbro, 1av8r and 4 others like this.
    NRA Certified RSO

Member #
    Liked
    8838 times
    That and they are too CHEAP to put a tray in them any more . None of them do.
    Really ???? a cheap plastic tray to keep a sandwich out of the water would put the price out of reach.
    Last edited by needsmostuff; 08-27-2019 at 10:37 PM.
    Where am I going ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and why am I in this handbasket ?

You know my uncle , he's as honest as me . An I'm as honest as a government man can be.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    5175 times
    Check out Ozark.
    Victor N TN likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    20880 times
    Again I say, save up your allowances (of your wives give you any) and get a Dometic Cool Box or a Whytmer compressor fridge and be happy with no more water mess, soggy buns and nasty coolers ever again,
    Thewelshm and Victor N TN like this.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

Member #
    Liked
    5175 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
    Again I say, save up your allowances (of your wives give you any) and get a Dometic Cool Box or a Whytmer compressor fridge and be happy with no more water mess, soggy buns and nasty coolers ever again,
    Will it kill your truck battery if its not running?
    powrguy and Victor N TN like this.

Member #
    Liked
    15035 times
    I've got an old Coleman cooler that's about 30 years old. We used to use in a lot for when we went camping. Hinges still work. We don't camp anymore.....but the Coleman is ready to keep frozen food cold, when the electricity goes out. They are rather cheaply made....but what do you want for $40 for a big one? If you want better, you can buy them for over $150! We kept it, and the stoves, and battery powered lights for emergencies,........which seem to occur rather frequently all year 'round! Bob
    powrguy and Victor N TN like this.
    When you want the BEST! Bob

Member #
    Liked
    20880 times
    Quote Originally Posted by The Happy Kaboomer View Post
    Will it kill your truck battery if its not running?
    No, it won't. Both the of them haave an auto cut off feature that won't drain the battery. We keep ours plugged into the cigar lighter and sitting on the backseat. My wife swears by it. Goes to the grocery store with her all the time to keep frozen food frozen on the way home.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

Member #
    Liked
    8048 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
    No, it won't. Both the of them haave an auto cut off feature that won't drain the battery. We keep ours plugged into the cigar lighter and sitting on the backseat. My wife swears by it. Goes to the grocery store with her all the time to keep frozen food frozen on the way home.
    Don’t tell my wife, she’ll insist on one. She loves those “insulated” grocery bags, which probably have an R-value of about 0.5. Funny, growing up here in Florida, we just put the paper bags full of frozen stuff on the black vinyl seats of the Ford wagon in July, and everything got home just fine. Now, she’s scared food will rot unless it’s in those fancy bags.

One time I drove home with milk in the back of the car, and forgot it was there till an hour later. It was fine.

Member #
    Liked
    29102 times
    I still have a 50 year old Coleman with metal hinges and a latch that has never failed, but it simply couldn't compete insulation-wise with more modern coolers. I use it outside to hold my swimming pool chemicals, with holes in the bottom that I drilled to drain rain water it couldn't keep out. For passive coolers today, there are so many good options, but as has been suggested by SidecarFlip, electronic types for serious users should look into such options, especially with affordable solar gear to eliminate vehicle batteries in remote places.
    Victor N TN, cass and Injunbro like this.
    “So son, explain again exactly why there’s a stripper in your bedroom?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links