Rant - Coleman coolers
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Rant - Coleman coolers

Member #
    Liked
    5284 times
    A cooler on the boat will last me about 4 years. They don’t get treated very nicely. They cost $30-$40. I won’t spend $400 on a Yeti. I toyed with an Ozark, but they are so big and heavy. I’ll just keep spending my $10 a year for the marine grade Igloo.
    powrguy, Victor N TN and Rule3 like this.
    If you can't be who you are, then you don't exist.

Member #
    Liked
    14759 times
    There's always some type of issue with coolers...

Wife and I take a lot of day trips. The wife spotted Yeti soft coolers on sale during Amazon's Prime Day sale. She clicked the buy button on a Yeti 18 for $100 off (still way too expensive). The zipper is too stiff for her. So... I guess I'll still be good for something.
    powrguy and Victor N TN like this.

Member #
    Liked
    18360 times
    Only thing a conventional cooler is good for here is packing game and it's in dry ice. Once you get a compressor stand alone, you'll never go back to a wet cooler.

I would never buy a 'Yeti' anything. Overpriced, made in China and Yeti is anti-2A.

Now I might use one for target practice if someone gave me it for free.
    Victor N TN likes this.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    I remember in the 1950s and 60s my Mom and Dad had a steel Coca-Cola cooler. I'm sure it would break a bone of you dropped it on your foot.
    Be careful,
    Victor

Member #
    Liked
    1042 times
    Quote Originally Posted by needsmostuff View Post
    That and they are too CHEAP to put a tray in them any more . None of them do.
    Really ???? a cheap plastic tray to keep a sandwich out of the water would put the price out of reach.
    I got around that by freezing water in half gallon milk jugs. A solid block last longer and doesn't drown your food.
    Victor N TN likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1042 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor N TN View Post
    I remember in the 1950s and 60s my Mom and Dad had a steel Coca-Cola cooler. I'm sure it would break a bone of you dropped it on your foot.
    We had the steel Coleman ones; took 2-3 people to haul it form the car to the beach..............and our inflatable rafts were US made and of canvas surrounding a rubber bladder; hard to break those!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Links