Best Camping Cooler
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Best Camping Cooler

Member #
    Liked
    18462 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcloud2 View Post
    Except for my time in the Navy, I've lived my whole life in the desert of Arizona and we did a lot of camping in the state and in Mexico. Back then there was nothing except Igloo and Coleman boxes, but we almost always used Dry Ice on these trips, which kept temps down where we wanted them to be. I don't do that sort of camping anymore, but if I did and was serious about it, I'd lean more toward Sidecarflips' way of doing it, especially with how effective and available solar charging/inverters are, and the charging equipment is affordable now. Good luck and remember that Dry Ice isn't expensive!
    The Dometic Cool box has a Danfoss compressor. Unlike a conventional fridge, the Danfoss runs on what is called a duty cycle and they are extremely efficient too. My Cool Box pulls 45 watts cooling down do whatever I set it is (all digital) and then drops off 20 20 watts and only runs when it need to maintain the interior temperature 200 watts of solar and 2 flooded cell batteries and you are good do go.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

Member #
    Liked
    18462 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Minorcan View Post
    I won’t buy a Yeti due to their stance on 2A. The Coleman Extreme is rated not quiet as good as Yeti but very good. Living in Georgia and originally from Florida is a necessity. The Coleman Extreme meets my needs at about 1/5th the cost of the Yeti.
    .... and Yeti's are made in China as well. Made there imported here and branded Yeti. I wouldn't have one either. If I didn't have the Cool Box, I'd have a Coleman.

Maybe the OP don't have a Yeti????
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Links