Hiding your scent from deers
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Hiding your scent from deers

Member #
    Liked
    3249 times
    Pop was a hunter and a smoker. Usually had one going while still hunting. I do not recall him coming home empty handed.

I don’t smoke and I don’t use anything other than normal hygiene prior to hunting. Same results. But, Pop and I both practiced still hunting. Maybe sitting in a tree has different criteria.

Kevin
    Knowledge should be shared and not hoarded.

www.NoonSharpening.com

Member #
    Liked
    18485 times
    Reminds me of a Rick Nugent story...

Rick hosts his friends on opening day here in Michigan and I've been to a couple of his pre-opening day bashes. The Nugent's really know how to go all out... Anyway, one of his guests, a contractor from Florida started out hunting at Rick's place smoking a stogie and having the radio going in his blind. No deer. Next year, no radio but still the stogie.... no deer. Finally, on the third year, no stogie and no radio....and still no deer. Could be there was some deer but he was so hung over, he slept through it. Me, I have 2 stationary blinds and 2 tree stands and while I always see deer, I rarely shoot one because at this juncture in my life, it had better be a 10 point buck. I set my standards high.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

Member #
    Liked
    4307 times
    I still hunt a lot, going into the wind or across it. Like Bruce says, go slow and keep alert. I've used scent at times, mostly Old Spice. If I don't, the wife won't make me breakfast.

John
    SidecarFlip likes this.
    If you have ten thousand regulations, you destroy all respect for the law. Winston Churchill

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    18485 times
    Don't fart in your blind, you'll scare them away from the noise and the stink.....
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Links