• 1 Post By Cliff
  • 2 Post By SidecarFlip
  • 2 Post By mrerick

Thread: Walkers Game Ears

Member #
    Liked
    18385 times

Walkers Game Ears

Anybody use them for sound supression? Thinking about getting a pair and shelving the ear muffs. Gummy Bear ear plugs don't work for me and the ear muff style get in the way. I have a pair of Howard Leight supressors but they too are cumbersome so I've been thinking about a set of Walkers Game Ears of the Bluetooth variety.
    Victor N TN likes this.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

Member #
    Liked
    4679 times
    Daryl, you have no idea how many times I've heard , do you have to have the tv that loud. I've thought about them for tv.
    Only thing is I can't plead I didn't hear you.
    Cliff.
    Victor N TN likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    18385 times
    Well, I bought a set. Not cheap $199.00 at Cabelas but I had the points so they didn't cost me anything. I got the Walkers Silencers. They come with a dedicated case that has an Li-Ion battery inside to keep them charged up and charging the case is a simple matter of plugging it into my USB on the computer.

They are Bluetooth so I put the Walker's App on my Android and I can control them (6 different levels of sound supression) plus auto shut off. Really neat and then come with different sized ear pieces for different ears. They are even in stereo and you can stream music with them.

I gave them the test with my 460 Smith and they pass with flying colors.

Price is a little seep but I bet you can find them on sale for less if you play the waiting game.

I think they will be the ticket for me when hunting and at the range. I really don't like muffs You can put these in your ears and leave them in all day. Internal battery life is 8 hours continuous but you can set them via the App for any on time duration you want.

I've had to wear gummy bear ear plugs and muffs when shooting the 460. Not any more. Excellent sound supression,
    Cliff and Victor N TN like this.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    23790 times
    A few of us at the range use these:

https://us.msasafety.com/Hearing-Pro...90007600001028

They are expensive, but can be obtained directly from Sweden where they are made at a lower cost.

They work better than any other hearing protection I've used over the years, and are reasonably compact for rifle shooting. They also hold up to use and are more rugged.
    Cliff and Victor N TN like this.
    Cheers! Marc

Check out my Gun Rights BLOG at: http://skilledshot.wordpress.com
    accipere facile, sed sumite! - Take it easy, but take it!
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol; Personal Protection Inside and Outside the Home; Rifle; Reloading: Chief RSO
    NC DOJ Concealed Carry Instructor; Appointed Member North Carolina Criminal Justice Information Network

Links