So lets see some DIY holsters!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: So lets see some DIY holsters!

Member #
    Liked
    903 times
    OP: That is truly a work of art. From your description it sounded "ghastly fru-fru" and my Opera browser would not show the pictures, but when I logged in on Firefox the pictures came up. Not one bit fru-fru - just totally professional and a holster that can be worn with pride at any age?

Are you going to do a matching airbrushed belt? (Just asking, I do know the marketplace price of holsters and belts of that quality.)

Member #
    Liked
    573 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    OP: That is truly a work of art. From your description it sounded "ghastly fru-fru" and my Opera browser would not show the pictures, but when I logged in on Firefox the pictures came up. Not one bit fru-fru - just totally professional and a holster that can be worn with pride at any age?

Are you going to do a matching airbrushed belt? (Just asking, I do know the marketplace price of holsters and belts of that quality.)
    He had a belt already that he had bought for his boy a bit earlier. It was obscenely expensive and I didn't really get it because I had seen better quality but sometimes certain brands just command more money. I tend to stay away from belts because I hand sew everything so if its going to be double layer its going to take me a bit of time. The boy loved the holster though according to dad and I am actually slowly making something similar for dad!!

Dad wants me to go even more steam punk so I am thinking maybe some steel elements but .. It will come to me. I love outside the box projects!!

I normally get somewhat odd requests

Here is a Holster for a Ruger 101 and the gentleman asked that I do something with the "Knights Templar" I finally came to the cross but I wanted it in the shape as it might look on a standard marching forward into a fight instead of just the cross plopped down in the middle. The inlay is actually a burgundy Frog skin which has a great texture.

Name:  20180409135100-19d11383-me.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  229.5 KB

I liked it so much I did it again for a Commander size 1911 .. This frog was a red but the pic shows it a bit weird.

Name:  20180409134707-1377b55c-me.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  140.5 KB

Like I said .. If I know it, I am more than happy to share if you want to get started on something.
    Last edited by Boriqua; 10-26-2019 at 03:11 PM.
    Keith44Spl, WendyZXZ and charles like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2593 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Boriqua View Post
    That luger holster is sweet! I am doing something similar right now for a Ruger MK but my buddy insisted it needs to have a mag pouch on the body. He is a good friend and has been waiting forever for it so I formed the mag pouch yesterday.
    Thanks! It is my own pattern. I made one small change to it - I rounded the toe because I didn't like the original pointy shape. Never took any updated photos though.
    It is made of oiled leather and saddle stitched with heavy nylon thread so it should hold up pretty well.
    Boriqua likes this.
    Always looking for a deal on more reloading components & ammo. I once tried to see things from the liberal perspective - but I discovered I'm not flexible enough to get my head up my ...

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    573 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BC38 View Post
    Thanks! It is my own pattern. I made one small change to it - I rounded the toe because I didn't like the original pointy shape. Never took any updated photos though.
    It is made of oiled leather and saddle stitched with heavy nylon thread so it should hold up pretty well.
    I am actually doing the same thing .. I squared it off at the bottom. The pointy thing wasnt doing it for me and my buddy knows that I only look at reference he sends me as a starting point but ultimately it will be my own take. I think I like your idea of putting an angle on the bottom more than my squared off version.

Member #
    Liked
    573 times
    Alright I finally finished the MKII holster for my buddy that he has been waiting for for 10 months. He insisted it needed a mag pouch on the body .. and I would have preferred it without but he is the one that will wear it and play with it so if it makes him happy .....

Now I just have to get out and shoot it one more time before it leaves here ... gun is SWEEEEEEET!

Name:  DSCF0832sm.JPG
Views: 25
Size:  872.1 KB

Name:  DSCF0833sm.JPG
Views: 23
Size:  846.8 KB
    WendyZXZ likes this.

rfd
    Member #
    Liked
    77 times
    Quote Originally Posted by scott View Post
    Many have seen this, but I just can't resist. Yes, I might be a redneck, and no this isn't me.
    Attachment 414523
    now that is just too dang ................... Priceless.

made my evening, thanx.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Links