Need information about Wright Leather Works holsters
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Darkhorse

Thread: Need information about Wright Leather Works holsters

Member #
    Liked
    251 times

Need information about Wright Leather Works holsters

I need a holster for my Browning Black Label 1911-22 and almost no one makes any that are even close to what I can use. In fact, hardly anyone makes them at all! The 1911-380 and the 1911-22 are the same size and most of the holsters are listed as for the 1911-380 - in case you know of somewhere I can get what I really want, which is OWB, STRAIGHT CANT. Because of limited arm and wrist movement I can NOT use any bit of forward cant at all!

That does not seem to exist and the person who has made custom leather holsters for me in the past has personal things that are making it so there is no way of knowing if and when he can make what I want/need for this gun.

I DO NOT WANT KYDEX FOR THIS GUN! It's an 85% size 1911 and the slide is a silver-gray finish that can mar easily. It needs tender loving care.

In the meantime, I did find an IWB holster with leather loops from Wright Leather Works that has reinforced holes in the leather so you can move the leather straps to turn it into a straight cant or even a reverse cant:
    https://www.wrightleatherworks.com/c...er-iwb-holster

BUT I hate to order from a totally unknown company (to me) and wait 8 to 10 weeks and pay over $100 for a holster that might not be good quality.

HELP, INFORMATION ANYONE?

If these are good holsters, I will still want the custom OWB one from my friend if and when he ever gets to the point of being able to do leather work again.

Member #
    Liked
    199 times
    They look nice. I’m looking forward to seeing some responses.

Member #
    God's Country, North Whidbey Island, Washington
    Liked
    1264 times
    I have 2 of their holsters. Last one ordered was for a M & P Shield 45. Ordered the double leather and have never regretted spending the money, or the time waiting, for the holster. Should the need arise for another holster I will most likely order it from Wright. Not a fan of the Kydex for my carry.

Joe
    Don't own any guns, (ok, I did pick up a lil ole 22 pistol) just like going to the range and shooting up my friends ammunition

Semi Retired Striping Contractor. PC survivor, 1st time 2/09---2nd time 6/16, Life is good

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    758 times
    I also have two of their holsters, both are the predator model, OWB, one for a Colt Commander 1911 and the other for a Beretta M-9. The workmanship is excellent and I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another.
    ShooterGranny likes this.
    "Some people wonder all their lives if they have ever made a difference. Marines don't have that problem." Ronald Reagan

Member #
    Liked
    251 times
    Thank you for your replies. It looks like my friend may be able to make one for me after all and I might not have to carry this gun IWB. At this point it is not going to be a carry gun but I do need a good leather holster for range use, for sure! I'm hoping that I will continue to be able to shoot my .380's and not have to "gear down" to the .22's......but I have them for fun and just in case in the future that really is all I can shoot.

I miss all my 9MM Glocks, but have 20 years of great memories shooting those babies. Always did love my S&W revolvers, and still do - the ones I can still shoot anyway.

And now that I've gotten acquainted with the S&W M&P series, I wish I had bought some of them a long time ago - even back when I could still shoot 9mm. I like them a lot! Have a couple other brands which I'm enjoying a lot also. SO - I found out that there actually is a world beyond Glock! A big, wide wonderful one, indeed. (As long as you can find holsters!)
    Last edited by ShooterGranny; 04-13-2019 at 09:24 PM.

Links