• 2 Post By TennSharpshooter
  • 2 Post By series guy
  • 1 Post By Abby'sDad

Thread: Revolver Irony

Member #
    Liked
    10591 times

Revolver Irony

This spring our club bought a Texas Star so that we could work on our speed shooting proficiency. So I bought a 9mm semi auto as it seemed like the weapon of choice. After a few weeks of misery I borrowed a Model 929 from a fellow shooter to try. I had done the action for him when he bought it. Anyway first time shooting it I beat any of my previous attempts by a substantial margin. So fate smiled upon me and the very next week there was a 929 on armslist for a good price and it was local. So I owned it that same day. With a little action work I was ready to rock. It wasn't hard to better my semi auto times and through the summer my times greatly improved much like all the other shooters. So my best time all summer was 3.28 seconds. Jerry doesn't need to look over his shoulder but I was pretty darned pleased with that. So at the last shoot of the summer I brought along my 1905 Target Model. It shipped in June of 1940 and has an extremely smooth D/A trigger. My first try was a big fail as I missed twice and with only 6 rounds you're just SOL. But on my second attempt I shot a 3.45 second time. Everybody there had to pass the gun around to see how 5 rounds came out of that old gun so fast. Sure seems to reinforce the idea of practice practice practice. $800 worth of .38 Special ammo might have been a better investment than the 929.........Naaaa that's just crazy talk.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by series guy; 11-15-2019 at 07:42 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    5051 times
    Very nice, sounds like you’re gonna have lots of fun with those!
    Curt360 and jeepnut like this.
    Have A Good One,
    Rob

He that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Jesus

‘Twern’t be no good if it wasn’t loaded! John Wayne

I invest in Lead, Brass and Copper. Me

Member #
    Liked
    4290 times
    Very nice guns and nice shooting. The star looks like lots of fun. I really like the looks of the 9mm.
    Paul

STUPID WILL GET YOU KILLED

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    10591 times
    The 929 is really a fun gun to shoot. 8 rounds in a revolver really spoils you.

Member #
    Liked
    85606 times
    Great pair of revolvers! Nice shooting and a lot of fun as well. A 9mm revolver is on my list of items to add to my meager collection.
    I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'!

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself."
    George Washington

Member #
    Liked
    4696 times
    While I am NOT a pistolero, I did enjoy practicing on a Texas Star at a gun club I belonged to. If you get a certain pattern that works for you you can certainly keep your time down. 3.45 is awesome, GREAT SHOOTING!
    jeepnut likes this.

Links