10415 times

Unhappy End of an Era - Not Unexpected

jeepnut and Curt360 like this.
    ~Jerry | https://www.buckeyefirearms.org | http://orpa.net
    Life Member https://www.dav.org/ | NRA Distinguished

Member #
    Liked
    68021 times
    That is a shame. But as the CMP stated, they will move forward proving that they don't have to depend on the NRA.
    jeepnut and 1av8r like this.
    I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'!

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself."
    George Washington

Member #
    Liked
    5032 times
    I read that as the NRA is feeling the pinch of their waffling on many issues and having become an organization with its hand constantly out, but rarely fighting for our rights. People are going elsewhere, supporting groups that at least try.
    If you can't be who you are, then you don't exist.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2187 times
    No doubt that this move marks the end of an era and the motive for NRA’s action isn’t exactly clear However, the CMA will carry on and the matches will continue. There seems to be an all out assault on the NRA by the media and the left. They have painted the NRA as an organization of rednecks and whacko gun lovers who are in one way or another responsible for all the shooting deaths and mass killings in the country. Therefore, the NRA must be evil. The strategy seems to be working. Funny how times have changed. I was looking at some old Our Gang movies and noticed that there was NRA banner on nearly all of them. Presidents were often proud members of the NRA and encouraged participation in their programs. One of the early purposes of the NRA was to teach men and boys who had not been exposed to firearms to shoot which was a big help for our military. I seems that in recent times the NRA has lost it’s way and has drifted away from it’s origins. Money seems to be a huge item in the fight for gun rights allowing executives to serve themselves well from the trough. In spite of it’s faults, the NRA remains the most influential force in protecting our 2nd amendment.
    Last edited by jdavis; 04-27-2019 at 07:11 AM.
    combat, bearcat6, msharley and 2 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1144 times
    I've never been a fan of the NRA.........BUT.........I joined a few years ago because I saw this vendetta coming.

While the NRA has problems........I sure as hell could not stand by and watch it destroyed.

I also support local gun rights groups, but the NRA is an essential American tradition that must be protected.......in this battle it is a giant that cannot be allowed to fall......overwhelmed by a swarm of rabid jackals.
    "Supposin' I was to go to work and learn how to... to read writin'. Well, how'd I know that the feller that... that wrote the writin' was a writin' the writin' right? Here I might be just a readin' wrong writin', don't ya see?"
    [Festus Haggen]

Member #
    Liked
    5112 times
    I’m a Lifetime Member of the NRA from 15 years ago. But there are a lot of financial improprieties occurring.
    LaPierre will continue to draw his $1.4 million salary after he retires to be a “spokesman” for the NRA. Several have left the NRA to work for vendors and continued to be paid poorly documented vouchers for work performed in the amounts of hundreds of thousands of dollars.
    I’ll support the NRA but they need to get their financial house in order and a lot of hands out of the cash register.
    ETA https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-north-resign/
    Last edited by Okiewind; 04-27-2019 at 08:53 AM.
    1av8r, combat, Thewelshm and 4 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    10415 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt360 View Post
    That is a shame. But as the CMP stated, they will move forward proving that they don't have to depend on the NRA.
    Yep. It may be just as well.
    Curt360 likes this.
    ~Jerry | https://www.buckeyefirearms.org | http://orpa.net
    Life Member https://www.dav.org/ | NRA Distinguished

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    16546 times
    As in the past I will continue to go to Camp Perry ever summer. I enjoy it and whether or not the NRA is there or not, makes no matter to me. With the deal with Ollie North, the NRA appears to be headed toward some litigation over 'cooking the books'.
    Curt360 likes this.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

Member #
    Liked
    3082 times
    Just came home form the 1903 Springfield National Matches. The NRA wasn't missed by the shooters. There is only one 'Camp Perry' and many shooters expressed the sentiment that they didn't need the NRA to have a successful match. Competition and gun rights were separate issues. I shot as a senior civilian, my score was 225 -1X out of 300. My first, last, and only formal rifle match. I and a shooting buddy enjoyed ourselves but once was it. Another bucket list item checked off. Camp Perry National Pistol Match in 2014, a rifle match in 2019.
    Curt360, combat, Okiewind and 2 others like this.
    NRA Life Member, Air Force 1970 - 74, S&WCA # 2533 Inactive, S&WHF #366
    2019 New Years Resolution: No more gun purchases

Member #
    Liked
    13668 times
    yet another bungle job by the nra....! Jeesh

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links