• 1 Post By Injunbro

Thread: World record longest shot at a clay pigeon

Member #
    Liked
    9230 times

World record longest shot at a clay pigeon

ROBERT @ OKC USA

He who questions much learns much. - Frances Bacon
    There was a time when men were kind and their words were inviting. - Les Miserables
    Error of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it. - Thomas Jefferson
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
    80% of success is showing up. - Woody Allen

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM.
    NON REVERTAR INULTUS.
    SPES MEA IN DEO EST.

Member #
    Liked
    9230 times
    ROBERT @ OKC USA

There was a time when men were kind and their words were inviting. - Les Miserables
    Error of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it. - Thomas Jefferson
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

NON REVERTAR INULTUS.
    SPES MEA IN DEO EST.

Member #
    Liked
    9230 times
    ROBERT @ OKC USA

NON REVERTAR INULTUS.
    SPES MEA IN DEO EST.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    9230 times
    ROBERT @ OKC USA

NON REVERTAR INULTUS.
    SPES MEA IN DEO EST.

Member #
    Liked
    18756 times
    Problem is, over there you cannot defend your home with anything. Looks like even knives are out.....lol

Farthest long Range shot I've ever done was in Vegas about 10 years ago. 338 Lapua, Savage 11-111 Long Range Hunter, 1510 yards on steel, 300 grain Berger with 105 grains of H1000 in Lapua Brass with Federal Large Magnum Match primers. CTV on the target. Too far to walk to check the hits....

Bit heavy on the bolt lift....
    legelegel and Curt360 like this.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

Member #
    Liked
    9592 times
    I figured it was Digweed before I clicked on the thread. He is in a league of his own. I got to shoot one squad behind his at a majoy Sporting Clays event a few years back. What a class act he is..and makes shooting clays look SO easy. I've connected on a few 80+ yard clay targets..and it really brings a smile to your face. If I could only do it with Georges consistency..then maybe I too would have a trophy room...
    legelegel and Curt360 like this.
    Ignorance is bliss

Member #
    Liked
    18756 times
    Never owned a shotgun. Have no need for one. I hear they can get expensive. Jimmy has a Browning with a release trigger that cost a bundle. If it was mine I'd use it for a breaker bar (if I did not pay for it).

If I did, would be sold.
    legelegel likes this.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

Member #
    Liked
    8233 times
    I killed a KS rooster stone dead at 70 paces one day and thought I was somebody. I guess not.
    Release triggers are weird. I shot a release trigger Perazzi one day and while it was kind of neat, I never felt safe with it. I suppose you can get used to anything.
    The shotgun market seems pretty soft right now, at least for used guns. A new O/U can cost two grand, but you can buy a very similar gun used for half that or less.
    legelegel likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Remarkable shooting! But someone needs to caution him on his gun handling.

At the beginning of the video, he casually points the barrels of his gun at the crowd. Yeah, I know, it was broken and empty, but if I handled any of my guns like that, I'd be asked to leave the range.

One of my IPSC pals was appalled by the gun handling at his club during a Trap event. It worsened as people were taking advantage of the bar. He retrieved his 1911 from his car and sat on the steps leading to the club house with the gun held in both hands. People protested and words were exchanged.

The club President intervened and a discussion ensued about gun handling etiquette. The IPSC shooter had to explain his actions and the decision was made that the Trap shooters had to improve their gun handling. The bar was also to remain closed until the last shot of the day was fired.
    legelegel, Injunbro and WendyZXZ like this.

Member #
    Liked
    58424 times
    Quote Originally Posted by .455 View Post
    Remarkable shooting! But someone needs to caution him on his gun handling.

At the beginning of the video, he casually points the barrels of his gun at the crowd. Yeah, I know, it was broken and empty, but if I handled any of my guns like that, I'd be asked to leave the range.

One of my IPSC pals was appalled by the gun handling at his club during a Trap event. It worsened as people were taking advantage of the bar. He retrieved his 1911 from his car and sat on the steps leading to the club house with the gun held in both hands. People protested and words were exchanged.

The club President intervened and a discussion ensued about gun handling etiquette. The IPSC shooter had to explain his actions and the decision was made that the Trap shooters had to improve their gun handling. The bar was also to remain closed until the last shot of the day was fired.

My thoughts exactly.
    legelegel likes this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment & buy one" Jesus - Luke 22:36

Links