Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Pennsylvania pulls CCH repciprocity

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    21783 times

Pennsylvania pulls CCH repciprocity

Our group was just notified of some actions taken by Pennsylvania's anti-gun attorney general to stop recognizing other states' CCH permits.

Here's the letter I wrote the Pennsylvania governor. I urge others to get in contact with him:

E-mail Pennsylvania Governor Corbett at:
    [email protected]

Dear Governor Corbett:

I'm very disappointed to learn that Pennsylvania Attorney General Kathleen Kane has chosen to exceed her statutory authority and modify or delete reciprocity agreements concerning the discreet carry of personal defense firearms. I understand that several states have been targeted, and this is very unfortunate.

While it is possible that I personally could legally carry my firearm in Pennsylvania (so far), I will not lend my support and tourist dollars to a state that makes traveling citizens less safe and is actively trying to infringe on my, and my fellow citizens' rights. I'm also urging others to suspend any planned visits to PA and to avoid doing business with PA-based businesses until this situation is resolved.

I hope you and the legislature will act quickly to bring Attorney General Kane into compliance with Pennsylvania statutes and demonstrate that your state still respects constitutionally recognized individual rights.

Please let me know when your state is again open for business and tourism. I will continue to monitor this situation via the Firearms Coalition and Grass Roots North Carolina.

Sincerely,
    NWDave, 1av8r, str8shot and 7 others like this.
    Cheers! Marc

Check out my Gun Rights BLOG at: http://skilledshot.wordpress.com
    accipere facile, sed sumite! - Take it easy, but take it!
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol; Personal Protection Inside and Outside the Home; Rifle; Reloading: Chief RSO
    NC DOJ Concealed Carry Instructor; Appointed Member North Carolina Criminal Justice Information Network

Member #
    Liked
    6289 times
    Reckon I dont needa go to Pa. anyways bro Marc, still sad to see stuff like this happening. Polititions have slid below Lawyers I reckon. Mike
    MIKE 3:16 YOU GOT TWO OPTIONS AMIGO, SLIM AND NONE!

Member #
    Wet Side of the Mountains - Washington State
    Liked
    5535 times
    Unilateral action by specific individuals from the so-called president on down seems to be the new way to get what you want, no matter the consequences.
    DocZeus, Dalan, WendyZXZ and 1 others like this.
    "Lord I'm not askin' to go right now but, if you call me now, I pray my remains may be found in a pile of hot brass surrounded by my dead enemies!"

"What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others."

Retired Military: 1963-1967 U.S. Navy 1971-1987 U.S. Air Force

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    21783 times
    s&wtoter and Waidmann like this.
    Cheers! Marc

Check out my Gun Rights BLOG at: http://skilledshot.wordpress.com
    accipere facile, sed sumite! - Take it easy, but take it!
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol; Personal Protection Inside and Outside the Home; Rifle; Reloading: Chief RSO
    NC DOJ Concealed Carry Instructor; Appointed Member North Carolina Criminal Justice Information Network

Member #
    Liked
    10550 times
    Some time ago, PA made it next to impossible to obtain an out of state CCH unless you apply in person - no mail-in applications. I have family in PA and can't carry there. I was going to get one from Virginia, where I have vacation property and they had reciprocity with VA, but then PA decided not to allow non-resident licenses from their reciprocity partners. It's a very disturbing trend.
    DocZeus likes this.
    ~Jerry | https://www.buckeyefirearms.org | http://orpa.net
    Life Member https://www.dav.org/ | NRA Distinguished

Member #
    Liked
    129 times
    Shoot, Oregon honors no other state permits. But, we might get a real governor next fall.

Member #
    Liked
    1882 times
    I have a funny felling that has to do with Gerald Ung.

Read up on that

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    3869 times
    We're on our way to a new Gov. here & I don't think the incoming democrat is gun friendly.
    Pennsylvania Politics Gets Worse for Gun Owners | Shall Not Be Questioned
    “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
    "The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned."
    Pennsylvania Constitution; article 1 section 21
    Be Blessed, spud.308

Member #
    Liked
    421 times
    Thanks for the links. I checked mine, for my Indiana and Utah permits, and am still good in Pennsylvania. That is a good thing because my wife is from there, and we go there sometimes. That Kane chick needs to be dumped big time!
    I would rather die on my feet, than to live on my knees.

Member #
    Wet Side of the Mountains - Washington State
    Liked
    5535 times
    Quote Originally Posted by s&wtoter View Post
    Thanks for the links. I checked mine, for my Indiana and Utah permits, and am still good in Pennsylvania. That is a good thing because my wife is from there, and we go there sometimes. That Kane chick needs to be dumped big time!
    You have to be very careful if you're a holder of one of the multi-state issuers, like Utah. Specifically, if, like me, you got it so you'd be legal in a certain state or states, you need to dig into those states laws to see how they treat the license issued (using Utah again as an example). I'm a Washington resident with the appropriate Conceal Carry Permit, which allows me to apply for and receive a Utah Concealed Carry, which is good in many states, including my target state of Colorado, the state of residence for my grown children. For whatever reason, I checked Colorado's rules and discovered, that while they recognize Utah's concealed carry permit, they only recognize Utah RESIDENT permit holders, not NON resident permit holders. Therein is the bear trap. Even the course instructors didn't know that failing of the permit. Needless to say, they now include that warning about checking the other end of the reciprocity to insure you're good to go. I could have been in deep kimshee had I not stumbled on this fact.
    spud_.308 and s&wtoter like this.
    "Lord I'm not askin' to go right now but, if you call me now, I pray my remains may be found in a pile of hot brass surrounded by my dead enemies!"

"What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others."

Retired Military: 1963-1967 U.S. Navy 1971-1987 U.S. Air Force

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links