Smith And Wesson Forums banner

Florida no longer recognioizes PA permit

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  jonesy814 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello. Is it true that Florida no longer recognizes PA concealed carry permit? I was checking recently and the map showed that now you have to be a resident of Florida, am I reading the map right? It's a shame if it's true, I used to be able to go from PA into Florida and only had to worry about my PA permit not being recognized in Maryland and South Carolina. I might be sent working there for three or four months soon and I wanted the correct information.

#3 ·
Thank you very much, when I saw that Florida recognized RESIDENT PERMITS I thought they meant Florida residents, but now I realize they mean that if I have A Pennsylvania Resident permit (which I do have) they do recognize it but not the Pennsylvania non-resident permit. Thanks for helping me see this clearly.

#4 ·
Had me worried there for a minute. I believe PA used to also allow a FL non resident, and FL took a PA non resident. A few years ago our Attorney General(D) up and decided to not honor non resident permits from FL (and maybe everywhere, not sure), so FL turned around and said they wouldn't honor a PA non resident either. Our Attorney General ended up going to prison for something.
When this happens its too bad the state in Floridas positions doesn't say, "That's OK, we will still honor a PA non resident permit." That attitude would do a lot more to foster gun rights. Our Attorney General, being antigun was probably hoping that Florida would retaliate by not honoring our non resident permits.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.