• 2 Post By 1av8r
  • 1 Post By tomjimmy00

Thread: Florida no longer recognioizes PA permit

Member #
    South Fork, PA ten miles from Johnstown and 90 miles east of Pittsburgh
    Liked
    696 times

Florida no longer recognioizes PA permit

Hello. Is it true that Florida no longer recognizes PA concealed carry permit? I was checking recently and the map showed that now you have to be a resident of Florida, am I reading the map right? It's a shame if it's true, I used to be able to go from PA into Florida and only had to worry about my PA permit not being recognized in Maryland and South Carolina. I might be sent working there for three or four months soon and I wanted the correct information.
    Last edited by tomjimmy00; 12-30-2019 at 05:21 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    13527 times
    Who's map are you looking at, Tom/Jimmy? There are a few to choose from.
    They may be talking about Non-Resident permits. Some states do not recognize the non-resident licenses, but do recognize Resident Licenses.

usacarry.com shows PA Resident license good in FL.
    Last edited by 1av8r; 12-30-2019 at 04:47 PM. Reason: usacarry
    Rule3 and Injunbro like this.
    ~Jerry | Buckeye Firearms | ORPA
    Life Member DAV | NRA Distinguished | RWVA

Member #
    South Fork, PA ten miles from Johnstown and 90 miles east of Pittsburgh
    Liked
    696 times
    Thank you very much, when I saw that Florida recognized RESIDENT PERMITS I thought they meant Florida residents, but now I realize they mean that if I have A Pennsylvania Resident permit (which I do have) they do recognize it but not the Pennsylvania non-resident permit. Thanks for helping me see this clearly.
    1av8r likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    32200 times
    Had me worried there for a minute. I believe PA used to also allow a FL non resident, and FL took a PA non resident. A few years ago our Attorney General(D) up and decided to not honor non resident permits from FL (and maybe everywhere, not sure), so FL turned around and said they wouldn't honor a PA non resident either. Our Attorney General ended up going to prison for something.
    When this happens its too bad the state in Floridas positions doesn't say, "That's OK, we will still honor a PA non resident permit." That attitude would do a lot more to foster gun rights. Our Attorney General, being antigun was probably hoping that Florida would retaliate by not honoring our non resident permits.

Links