The "Universal Background Check" Legislation being considered
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    23861 times

The "Universal Background Check" Legislation being considered

The media is starting to carry stories of exactly what the President and Republican Senate in the United States are considering, and it appears to be a revived version of the Toomey / Manchin "Universal background check" amendment which was rejected in 2013.

I am posting this here because, as currently written, the language effectively eliminates any use of the FFL 03 Curio and Relic license for transfers. All transfers will require a NICS background check, and C&R License holders do not have access to that system.

Here's the actual text of the Toomey / Manchin proposal (starts at page 16, top center column):

https://www.congress.gov/113/crec/20...-PgS2598-3.pdf

Our licensed collecting community is likely to be impacted in the United States.
    Cheers! Marc

Check out my Gun Rights BLOG at: http://skilledshot.wordpress.com
    accipere facile, sed sumite! - Take it easy, but take it!
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol; Personal Protection Inside and Outside the Home; Rifle; Reloading: Chief RSO
    NC DOJ Concealed Carry Instructor; Appointed Member North Carolina Criminal Justice Information Network

Member #
    Liked
    220 times
    If that becomes fact my Bank will be pleased.
    To be vintage it must be older than me.

The next handgun I buy will be the next to last handgun I ever buy.

Links