Armed in Walmart
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree257Likes

Thread: Armed in Walmart

Member #
    Liked
    18360 times

Armed in Walmart

Been reading along about the 'incident' where the off duty fireman confronted the guy with the 'assault' rifle and held him at gunpoint until LE arrived...

I have a question about that...

Was the state he was in an 'open carry' state like here in Michigan? Here it's 100% legal to open carry a handgun or rifle in any establishment that isn't posted. Was the store posted 'no weapons'?

Was stated he had 100 rounds on his person, that is a couple magazines. No big deal and it was said he had on body armor. Maybe he thought Kevlar was fashionable....

The fireman was carrying just like the guy with the rifle. Same scenario.

Of course no one has answered those questions and I suspect never will because it's not 'news worthy' and it's not in keeping with the gun grabbers mantra.

Would I open carry here? I do, just not down here in populationville. Too many 'do gooders' that think because I'm armed, I pose a threat to others.

The guy didn't discharge his weapon, no one was injured. If the state is open carry (like here in Michigan) he was perfectly within his rights and within the law.

Not too bright maybe but then there are a ton of dimwits out there....

Just another slide on the 'slippery slope' in my opinion.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

Member #
    Liked
    432 times
    I read where he said he was testing his right to carry guns but the prosecutor said it was inappropriate and was like yelling fire in a theater. I think he needs to be prosecuted for his stupid stunt.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3524 times
    Missouri is a no permit needed for open or concealed carry.
    Now the kid has been charged with 2nd degree terrorism threat.
    bearcat6, lawdog, Curt360 and 1 others like this.
    USMC 1969-1973

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    14759 times
    Gun owner suggesting the mere sight of a gun in public should be prosecuted. Just wonderful...

Not much separation between Bloomberg's Moms Demand Action and what some gun owners say.

Member #
    Liked
    432 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Gun owner suggesting the mere sight of a gun in public should be prosecuted. Just wonderful...

Not much separation between Bloomberg's Moms Demand Action and what some gun owners say.
    It was not the mere sight of a gun. He was dressed, equipped and wore protection to look like a terrorist. When you pretend to be somebody other than what you are, don't you think they should be prosecuted. How different is this from someone carrying a gun and pretending to be the police? It's not the gun that is the problem, it's the impersonation of being someone else that is the problem.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    458 times
    I guess I look at this in the light of what is normal and what raises concern. A guy carries open where the law supports this, nothing wrong but can cause concern to those that are not firearm advocates. Because it's not normal to see firearms open carried in most states, even where lawful. The other scenario, a guy walks into a public area, has a big ax in each hand, has two more strapped onto his belt. Not against the law, but sure would cause concern for anyone to see.

Common sense is lacking everywhere, and in light of the shootings that occurred in the past two weeks, just a stupid move on the part of the guy walking around Walmart with body armor and a rifle. Well what would anyone think he's up to? Maybe actually nothing, but then maybe he's a wanna be murderer as well. He needed to be detained and then questioned by the police.

Not a single person that will read this wouldn't react as the fireman did "if" this guy was walking around your neighborhood, or back and forth past your house. Who here would just go back and watch TV and not worry about him? Not me.
    I support diversity in firearm ownership
    ;
    ;

Arsenal SLR-107R AK-47 - 7.62x39
    Auto Ordnance 1911 - 45ACP
    Beretta 92FS, 92FS INOX, PX4 subcompact, PX4 compact
    CZ 75 SP-01 Phantom - 9mm
    FMK 9C1 G2 - 9mm
    Glock 21 Gen3 - 45 acp
    Heckler & Koch MR556A1, P30L, VP9
    Desert Eagle - 44 mag
    Mossberg 88 - 12 ga
    Sig Sauer P226 RX & P229 Compact - LEO
    Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 & 29-2
    Taurus TH9
    Walther PPK/s - 380 acpL,

Member #
    Liked
    693 times
    Bryan Scott Wolfinger was arrested for carrying a AR into Cross Creek Mall in Fayetteville, NC in 2015 for GATTOP. Charges were later dropped to~~~he did nothing illegal several months later, my understanding is he reached a settlement in his favor against FPD for violating his rights. I hope the police in Springfield, Mo suffer the same fate.

Member #
    Liked
    693 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohio MP View Post
    I guess I look at this in the light of what is normal and what raises concern. A guy carries open where the law supports this, nothing wrong but can cause concern to those that are not firearm advocates. Because it's not normal to see firearms open carried in most states, even where lawful. The other scenario, a guy walks into a public area, has a big ax in each hand, has two more strapped onto his belt. Not against the law, but sure would cause concern for anyone to see.

Common sense is lacking everywhere, and in light of the shootings that occurred in the past two weeks, just a stupid move on the part of the guy walking around Walmart with body armor and a rifle. Well what would anyone think he's up to? Maybe actually nothing, but then maybe he's a wanna be murderer as well. He needed to be detained and then questioned by the police.

Not a single person that will read this wouldn't react as the fireman did "if" this guy was walking around your neighborhood, or back and forth past your house. Who here would just go back and watch TV and not worry about him? Not me.
    Don't include me in your assessment, I only react when someone ACTUALLY breaks the law. Walking around armed not shooting anyone is hardly reason for acting the fool. Fudds beware, I do not support fuddism.
    Injunbro, lawdog, Curt360 and 6 others like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    458 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkingwolf View Post
    Don't include me in your assessment, I only react when someone ACTUALLY breaks the law. Walking around armed not shooting anyone is hardly reason for acting the fool. Fudds beware, I do not support fuddism.

OK, so that's 1 for go back to the TV?

I believe in the right to own and carry arms. But I also believe that if you play stupid games, you will win stupid prizes. Everyone has the right to their opinion, even the fireman who detained him.
    jdavis, sig_230, Waidmann and 3 others like this.
    I support diversity in firearm ownership
    ;
    ;

Arsenal SLR-107R AK-47 - 7.62x39
    Auto Ordnance 1911 - 45ACP
    Beretta 92FS, 92FS INOX, PX4 subcompact, PX4 compact
    CZ 75 SP-01 Phantom - 9mm
    FMK 9C1 G2 - 9mm
    Glock 21 Gen3 - 45 acp
    Heckler & Koch MR556A1, P30L, VP9
    Desert Eagle - 44 mag
    Mossberg 88 - 12 ga
    Sig Sauer P226 RX & P229 Compact - LEO
    Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 & 29-2
    Taurus TH9
    Walther PPK/s - 380 acpL,

Member #
    Liked
    693 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohio MP View Post
    OK, so that's 1 for go back to the TV?

I believe in the right to own and carry arms. But I also believe that if you play stupid games, you will win stupid prizes. Everyone has the right to their opinion, even the fireman who detained him.
    I believe in the BOR, the Ten Commandments, the Golden Rule, minding my own business. I view most all people the same armed or not, because I don't know if they are armed, or what they are armed with. A person with a firearm NOT shooting anyone is of no concern other than anybody else that could be threat. Maybe the guy with two knives concealed that stabs four people to death, and injures two more, but hey you keep praising idiots who point guns at other people for law abiding activity. I reserve the right to not give a damn about the offended SJW of society. Even if they are gun owners who do not truly support the constitution, and laws.
    Injunbro, lawdog, Rocky58 and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links