Armed in Walmart
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
Like Tree214Likes

Thread: Armed in Walmart

Member #
    Liked
    679 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
    As rough as my lawn is, open carrying when mowing might result in an accidental discharge. Sure as heck don't need a bullet in the engine block.
    I still use one of those walk behind mowers, I need the exercise.

Member #
    Liked
    17369 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkingwolf View Post
    I still use one of those walk behind mowers, I need the exercise.
    My dog walking me 2 miles a day is plenty enough at my age...and the farming too. Notice I didn't say I walked the dog, he walks me. We have done the same route so many times over the years he's been with us, he knows better than I do but nevertheless he always manages to find new and interesting smells...

I mow 7 acres every other week so a push mower won't cut it unless I planned on starting on Monday and finishing on Friday. Have a 60" cut zero turn and by the end of summer (pretty soon), I'm real tired of mowing lawns and I look forward to snow. Easier to put the 10 foot plow on a tractor and move snow and quicker too.

Amy thinks I should mow weekly. Told her if she wants it mowed weekly do to do it herself so she went and bought her own zero turn. The weekly mowing lasted maybe a month, not she just 'helps' me mow. She does the backyard, I do everything else. Every mow is 25 bucks in gas too. Not a cheap date.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4579 times
    Yesterday at a Food Lion grocery store there was a individual open carrying a handgun. No one seemed to notice, but then he was with a female companion, which I assumed to be his wife. So he appeared to be normal otherwise in appearance thus not out of the norm. There's the difference in perception as opposed to out of the norm appearance.
    Ohio MP, Injunbro and lawdog like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    17369 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis40xnc View Post
    Yesterday at a Food Lion grocery store there was a individual open carrying a handgun. No one seemed to notice, but then he was with a female companion, which I assumed to be his wife. So he appeared to be normal otherwise in appearance thus not out of the norm. There's the difference in perception as opposed to out of the norm appearance.
    Like me at Walmart with my 44 on my hip. Normal as many others are carrying in plain sight as well. Mine is just larger and heavier (I mean my handgun)....
    lawdog likes this.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

Member #
    Liked
    679 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis40xnc View Post
    Not too many years ago us handgun OCers were treated the same way as long gun OCers. We were called numerous names, some posters posted threats. Over the years OC in states where it already was not normal became more normal, in NC it always was. Also on the internet many OCers sit back and took the verbal abuse, then we started pushing back, make no bones the people who hate long gun OCers hate any OCers. They just have learned to get their taunts like calling an OCer an idiot they mean all of us. They are what we call Fudds, some like me call them self loathing Mad Mommies whether male or female they are no different.
    Injunbro likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    ^^^^^ nailed it

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Links