Armed in Walmart
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree257Likes

Thread: Armed in Walmart

Member #
    Liked
    2430 times
    Anyone foolish enough to “test” the limits of the law by entering a WalMart in full battle gear just after the El Paso shooting is damn lucky that he didn’t get shot. People are on edge and high alert and for all we know the fool was about to “copy cat” and do serious harm. We will never know for sure because he was stopped and he claims it was a test. You can bet that the authorities are checking all his social media, associates, and home. I hope that they throw the book at him for being so insensitive and stupid. I applaud the fireman, he may have prevented another tragedy and at least prevent panic in that store.
    Ohio MP and blazermark like this.

Member #
    Liked
    14851 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jdavis View Post
    Anyone foolish enough to “test” the limits of the law by entering a WalMart in full battle gear

"full battle gear" ?

The guy is wearing what appears to be a $29 vest and a ball cap. Absent the rifle, hang a couple lures on that vest and folks probably think he was going fishing. Airsoft guys are more geared up.

Name:  _108267114_hi055766931.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  44.8 KB

Fishing vest at Cabela's

Name:  Unknown-3.jpeg
Views: 72
Size:  7.2 KB
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 08-10-2019 at 03:57 PM.
    Injunbro and Walkingwolf like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2430 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    "full battle gear" ?

The guy is wearing what appears to be a $29 vest and a ball cap. Airsoft guys are more geared up.

Name:  _108267114_hi055766931.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  44.8 KB
    Sorry friend, but John Q. Public isn’t as well informed as you apparently are. Perhaps under normal circumstances it might do little more than raise an eyebrow in that location. However, after a couple of mass shootings if a normal person sees a guy in a flack jacket with magazines, ammo, and an AR pistol or SBR he is sending a message and not a good one. Legal or not this was a foolish and taunting act. Besides, we don’t know what was his intent. He was stopped at gunpoint and was detained by the police. Do you really think that he is going to say that he wanted to shoot up the place. I doubt it. I surely wouldn’t do what this guy did and I doubt that anyone here would have. If his story bears out, well and good. He will be guilty of nothing but his own bad judgement and stupidity. If investigations prove otherwise, let the chips fall where they may.
    Last edited by jdavis; 08-10-2019 at 03:48 PM.
    Ohio MP and woudstra like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    458 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcope822 View Post
    One more reason I think open carry is a poor choice . I think people do it for the same reason gays walk around with their hands in each others pants . To get a rise out the citizenry .
    Never tip your hand .
    I tend to agree, a smart guy never shows his advantage until he needs to use it. If I'm walking into an establishment to rob or cause harm to others, I see a guy open carry, he's first! The mind set that this is a deterrent doesn't hold water, because I assume you're carrying anyway. I carry, I know I'm not the only one.
    Curt360 likes this.
    I support diversity in firearm ownership
    ;
    ;

Arsenal SLR-107R AK-47 - 7.62x39
    Auto Ordnance 1911 - 45ACP
    Beretta 92FS, 92FS INOX, PX4 subcompact, PX4 compact
    CZ 75 SP-01 Phantom - 9mm
    FMK 9C1 G2 - 9mm
    Glock 21 Gen3 - 45 acp
    Heckler & Koch MR556A1, P30L, VP9
    Desert Eagle - 44 mag
    Mossberg 88 - 12 ga
    Sig Sauer P226 RX & P229 Compact - LEO
    Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 & 29-2
    Taurus TH9
    Walther PPK/s - 380 acpL,

Member #
    Liked
    14851 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jdavis View Post
    Sorry friend, but John Q. Public isn’t as well informed as you apparently are.
    But you're the one who said it was "full battle gear", not some J Q public twit. This is a firearms enthusiast forum, right? We're supposed to do a little better than Moms Demand Action hyperbole, no?
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 08-10-2019 at 03:56 PM.
    Injunbro, Curt360 and Walkingwolf like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4668 times
    Open Carry is legal in NC. A classic example was a lady from Ohio on her way to the beach stopped at the local Wendy's. Screamed he has a gun. which caused a stamped for the exits. Then some one said in a command voice "Open carry is legal in NC" there is no need to panic! I've witnessed open carry by individuals be they male or female at various venues. I'll allow that I am mindful of their presence. Also observed are individuals that I refere to as the Casual Concealed Carrier. Their body language and weapon printing give them away to some one whom is observant. As for the individual whom is the subject of Armed in Walmart they should have shown better judgment.
    Last edited by dennis40xnc; 08-10-2019 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Wording
    Curt360 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    57924 times
    So if someone saw the fireman brandishing his gun pointing it @ the innocent man & pointed his gun @ the fireman would he also be a hero? How soon would it escalate into a war? Open carry, whether you think it's a good idea or not, is not illegal, nor is being stupid or everyone would be in jail. It's a tiny step from not allowing a rifle to be open carried to a handgun & a gun free "murder the unarmed here" zone. On the way back from a hunting trip a friend & I stopped @ a little store, my friend stuck his head in the door & asked if he could bring his gun inside since he didn't want to leave it in his open Jeep. The owner replied. "Sure, everyone else in here is armed." No one even flinches when a gun is open carried around here, any fool who tried something stupid would soon be shot to doll rags. The crime rate is all but non-existent.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment & buy one" Jesus - Luke 22:36

Member #
    Liked
    6533 times
    In light of all the crazy stuff happening it was a very stupid thing to do. No common sense.
    jdavis, Curt360 and woudstra like this.

Member #
    Liked
    243 times
    In light of the recent violence, was he not actually more prepared to repel a terroristic act such as recently seen. And maybe felt less than safe going to a Walmart since that’s the type of store recently terrorized? And so was doing what he felt appropriate to protect himself

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Curt360, lawdog and Walkingwolf like this.

Member #
    Liked
    14851 times
    That's an interesting spin, klagz13.

Considering recent events, what sensible person would go shopping at Walmart with anything less?

Well fits the mantra-- The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.
    klagz13, Curt360, Bob K and 2 others like this.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Links