"Carry here prohibited" signs
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree212Likes

Thread: "Carry here prohibited" signs

Member #
    Liked
    4361 times

"Carry here prohibited" signs

There are several several businesses here in town with big signs on the front door barring carrying on their premises. (It is not illegal to do so so I carry there anyway). It amazes me what these Snowflakes think these signs are gonna accomplish. I guess they figger if a criminal intent on coming in and shooting up the place sees that sign their gonna think "Dang, I ain't allowed to carry a a gun here. Guess I gotta go someplace else".
    I really wanna talk to the owners and ask that question.
    Jim

Member #
    Liked
    58287 times
    I suppose it's possible they're really stupid enough to believe criminals can & will read & obey their signs. In which case I question whether they're smart enough to operate a successful business. I also suppose they might be trying to avoid the Starbucks fiasco where they 1st claimed they didn't mind if folks carried guns there then when it became a gathering place for armed Bubbas had to change their policy... I'm not a Starbucks fan but no matter what they did they lost on that issue.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment & buy one" Jesus - Luke 22:36

Member #
    Liked
    5969 times
    Some States those signs do have "force of law" I do not know Iowas laws.

Just looked it up. No Force of law.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/iowa.pdf

I "don't see any signs" down here
    NRA Certified RSO

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    4361 times
    From what I have read it is not illegal to carry on these grounds, but If they find out you're doing so they can ask you to leave. If you refuse you can be charged with Criminal Trespass.
    Jim
    jeepnut, bearcat6, mrerick and 6 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1416 times
    Same in South Dakota. No one has asked me to leave yet. We can't carry in court houses or businesses that get over 50% of their income from sale of alcohol.
    PandRFan, lawdog, Curt360 and 1 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    10529 times
    Concealed carry means just that. Nobody but you should know that you are carrying a firearm. I would like to think that everybody here knows that when their weapon comes out their life is about to change. You can only hope that the life you save, being yours or somebody else's makes it all worthwhile.

Member #
    Liked
    6540 times
    Yes, people really are that dumb. And they are business owners/managers. No one ever said you had to be smart to run a business.

...and they vote...

Member #
    Liked
    17131 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PandRFan View Post
    There are several several businesses here in town with big signs on the front door barring carrying on their premises. (It is not illegal to do so so I carry there anyway). It amazes me what these Snowflakes think these signs are gonna accomplish. I guess they figger if a criminal intent on coming in and shooting up the place sees that sign their gonna think "Dang, I ain't allowed to carry a a gun here. Guess I gotta go someplace else".
    I really wanna talk to the owners and ask that question.
    Jim
    No wild west in our store. I mean what are they thinking er never mind they are Not thinking.

Member #
    Liked
    56958 times
    Here the library and hospital have those signs, but it is not illegal for a permit holder to carry there.
    I'm Mr Bad Example, take a look at me.

Member #
    Liked
    4249 times
    If I see a sign outside a business that says I can’t carry there, I don’t go in. Gun free zones are dangerous at best. I choose not to do business with them. As my signature says on this forum, Stupid Will Get You Killed. I believe that.
    Paul

STUPID WILL GET YOU KILLED

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links