• 1 Post By SidecarFlip

Thread: Colorado Governor Signs "Red Flag" Bill making it Law

Member #
    Liked
    9033 times

Lightbulb Colorado Governor Signs "Red Flag" Bill making it Law

ROBERT @ OKC USA

He who questions much learns much. - Frances Bacon
    There was a time when men were kind and their words were inviting. - Les Miserables
    Error of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it. - Thomas Jefferson
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
    80% of success is showing up. - Woody Allen

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM.
    NON REVERTAR INULTUS.
    SPES MEA IN DEO EST.

Member #
    Liked
    9033 times
    Colorado Red Flag Bill Becomes Law, Sheriffs Vow Not to Enforce

https://www.getzone.com/news-colorad...ot-to-enforce/

Known as the “Extreme Risk Protection Order,” the law will allow a family member, a roommate or law enforcement to petition a judge to temporarily seize a person’s firearms if they are deemed a risk to themselves or others. Fourteen other states have passed similar legislation.

Still, the law now faces major hurdles, with a pro-gun lobby group promising to challenge it in court. Additionally, a growing number of sheriffs in the state have vowed to ignore the law when it takes effect next year, calling it unconstitutional.
    ROBERT @ OKC USA

There was a time when men were kind and their words were inviting. - Les Miserables
    Error of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it. - Thomas Jefferson
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

NON REVERTAR INULTUS.
    SPES MEA IN DEO EST.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    16587 times
    Maine isn't too far behind. Hasn't been considered here (Michigan) yet but I suspect with out D governor it will be at some point.

Very bad law and infringement. What really fries my bacon is Trump condoned it and the NRA pushed for it. I almost dropped my membership because of their stance. I did read somewhere that the maximum time any LE agency can hold firearms is 365 days after taking them bit it's still rank BS and just anther step toward mandatory confiscation.

Guess that means I could drop a dime on Trump for acting like an a'hole on twitter, telling LE I thought he was a threat to himself and others and then under the law (not sure if applicable in the District of Columbia, they would have to go into the Whitehouse and confiscate his weapons (and I'm sure he has at least one there, maybe more). After all he does have a CCW., issued by the State of New York. Now, that would be a real hoot to do and you don't need substantive evidence at all, just the old, well worn and most times false, personal opinion.

I could see that happening... Officer, Donald Trump is a hazard to himself and others with his off the wall behavior. They have to act under the law whether it's right or not. It's BS.
    jeepnut, Curt360 and legelegel like this.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    52396 times
    Only time will tell on these stupid laws. Wonder how this will be during hunting season.
    Curt360 and legelegel like this.
    Regards,
    Rodney

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead."

Thomas Paine

Member #
    Liked
    55479 times
    Now someone needs to "red flag" the governor since he's obviously unstable enough to sign unconstitutional laws. He should also not be allowed any armed security since their weapos would be accessible to him. Let the idiot taste his own medicine.
    jeepnut, lawdog and Curt360 like this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment & buy one" Jesus - Luke 22:36

Member #
    Liked
    68076 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Injunbro View Post
    Now someone needs to "red flag" the governor since he's obviously unstable enough to sign unconstitutional laws. He should also not be allowed any armed security since their weapos would be accessible to him. Let the idiot taste his own medicine.
    Exactly!!!!!!
    Injunbro likes this.
    I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'!

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself."
    George Washington

Member #
    Liked
    9033 times
    I was watching a documentary on Cary Grant recently. His mother was put into a mental institution when he was 11 years old by his father on the words of his father alone. Grant thought she was dead from the time she left him at that early age. Later he found out she was alive and he got her out after being institutionalized for 19 years.

Kind of scary that we may be moving backward in mental health.
    Injunbro likes this.
    ROBERT @ OKC USA

NON REVERTAR INULTUS.
    SPES MEA IN DEO EST.

Member #
    Liked
    13082 times
    Still, the law now faces major hurdles, with a pro-gun lobby group promising to challenge it in court. Additionally, a growing number of sheriffs in the state have vowed to ignore the law when it takes effect next year, calling it unconstitutional.
    What pro-gun lobby group would that be, this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sNiklO506A

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    16587 times
    So the NRA endorsed it and we get to live with it. Bad law.
    Injunbro likes this.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

Links