A Modern Heavy Duty?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: A Modern Heavy Duty?

Member #
    Liked
    8439 times
    The factory grips , while good looking are , as often is the case , AWFUL in practice. Take them off and stash them away.

These un-attractive , nondescript wood grips are reshaped from even worse grips . They make a perfect no frills ,rough use fearless to pack around everyday grip for a 22-4 such as you describe for a LEO holster gun .

Yet , a quick change of shoes and she's ready for going to meeting or BBQ day.

Side note ,,,,, Yup , 22-4s are mostly off the radar but folks spend lot's of money to convert 1917s and 1937s into essentially this gun.
    Last edited by needsmostuff; 09-16-2019 at 04:45 PM.
    Leo918, MOONDAWG, WendyZXZ and 1 others like this.
    Where am I going ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and why am I in this handbasket ?

You know my uncle , he's as honest as me . An I'm as honest as a government man can be.

Member #
    Liked
    3229 times
    When I competed in PPC I used a modified pair of target grips as I could shape them to fit MY hand. Basically, they duplicated the feel of the magnas with a grip adapter. In the photo, top pair sports ivory magnas, bottom revolver has smooth stag. I like them both with grip adapters.

Regarding customizing other revolvers. Don’t i know it. I have a 28-2 and a 1917 I have customized. And I am looking for a couple more revolvers to modify into future custom projects.

Kevin
    Knowledge should be shared and not hoarded.

www.NoonSharpening.com

Member #
    Liked
    4982 times
    My "no-dash" Mod 22. N frame 45's are a real pleasure to shoot.

StrawHat, WendyZXZ and Cliff like this.
    "The right to buy weapons is the right to be free." -A.E. van Vogt

" It is simply not possible to believe fossil fuel emissions will destroy the world and, at the same time, oppose nuclear power. "- Dennis Prager

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3229 times
    Quote Originally Posted by delcrossv View Post
    My "no-dash" Mod 22. N frame 45's are a real pleasure to shoot.

I would like more information if you please. When were these made, after 57 because of the model number but for how long and when were yours built?

What load do you use? Mine need harder lead than I normally cast so they don’t strip in the rifling.

Kevin
    Knowledge should be shared and not hoarded.

www.NoonSharpening.com

Member #
    Liked
    4982 times
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawHat View Post
    I would like more information if you please. When were these made, after 57 because of the model number but for how long and when were yours built?

What load do you use? Mine need harder lead than I normally cast so they don’t strip in the rifling.

Kevin
    They did a little run of them in the late 50's- maybe 75 or so according to SCSW . Mine says "Model of 1950" on the barrel and Mod-22 on the yoke. Mine was one of the last shipped -1963 IIRC.
    I just shoot regular commercial lead ball ammo: Choice Ammunition coated (with an occasional Underwood +p thrown in for good measure ). If you don't handload Choice is a good bet for SP ammo. https://choiceammunition.com/product...pistol/45-acp/

I have a Pre-mod 26 that gets more use because of the adjustable sights.
    Last edited by delcrossv; 09-17-2019 at 10:26 AM.
    ChattanoogaPhil likes this.
    "The right to buy weapons is the right to be free." -A.E. van Vogt

" It is simply not possible to believe fossil fuel emissions will destroy the world and, at the same time, oppose nuclear power. "- Dennis Prager

Member #
    Liked
    13833 times
    I'm not a Target Shooter by any means.......but I prefer my light weight Ruger Semi-Autos in .22 LR and 9mm., for every day carry, and shootin' in general. I have problems with my shoulders, to hold up a big and heavy revolver of any kind. For me, at least, it is the way for me to go. I have considered selling my K frame revolvers....but, I don't have anything to replace them with, nor do I want more guns. My revolvers are my 'collecters', and are not shot much anymore.

I'm happy with my two Rugers, for now, since I don't have a lot of time left, to be active. I carry 'em both, and do shoot 'em at the range some, too. They keep me satisfied that I'm still shootin' and have reasons to carry more, now that I'm old. Got to protect myself, because.....there ain't nobody else. Bob
    When you want the BEST! Bob

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Links