Fly Bys
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Fly Bys

Member #
    Liked
    4653 times

Fly Bys

I believe that in order to ask a price on a gun a "member" should have at least 30 posts. Seems we get many that join/ask/gone. I think Injun Bro mentioned this earlier.

Member #
    Liked
    12495 times
    Quote Originally Posted by The Happy Kaboomer View Post
    I believe that in order to ask a price on a gun a "member" should have at least 30 posts. Seems we get many that join/ask/gone. I think Injun Bro mentioned this earlier.
    Exactly !!
    Curt360 and lawdog like this.
    everyone brings happiness, some by staying and some by leaving...

And As You Slide Down that Banister of Life You Should Pray That All The Splinters Are Pointed The Other Way...

Bob.

Member #
    Liked
    11145 times
    I avoid the price questions, regardless. I'm not the blue book. It always depends on where you are and demand for a particular configuration. I'll take time, if I have it, to look up serial numbers for a date range for an inherited piece. But, that's about it. I can answer general questions on a number of models, but I know my limitations. I defer to Guy and Irv and others for the details. Price? Never.
    Curt360 likes this.
    ~Jerry | https://www.buckeyefirearms.org | http://orpa.net
    Life Member https://www.dav.org/ | NRA Distinguished

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    4653 times
    I think the answer to all should be. By the Smith & Wesson 4th edition book.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    22425 times
    I wonder if the mods could setup a separate forum for "S&W Valuation" threads... It would put them all in one place, and they could limit posts there to people with a certain number of prior posts, or length of membership.

We could also require photos and serial numbers for any valuation (helping solve the theft problem by making the serial numbers searchable).
    Last edited by mrerick; 08-01-2019 at 09:41 PM.
    Cheers! Marc

Check out my Gun Rights BLOG at: http://skilledshot.wordpress.com
    accipere facile, sed sumite! - Take it easy, but take it!
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol; Personal Protection Inside and Outside the Home; Rifle; Reloading: Chief RSO
    NC DOJ Concealed Carry Instructor; Appointed Member North Carolina Criminal Justice Information Network

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    22135 times
    I stay away from price questions. All they have to do is monitor gunbroker and gunsinternational for a few weeks. Not that hard to do.

Plus look at the want ads on this and other forums. Easy peasy.

Duty then is the sublimest word in the English language. You should do your duty in all things. You can never do more, you should never wish to do less

Robert E. Lee

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    I've never understood it.... Why create an account, username and password, wait for the email to confirm the account etc..... When a simple GOOGLE search takes seconds

Member #
    Liked
    24980 times
    Many times the value question comes along with the " Tell me about my 38 special CTG that was Unkle Festers. Shouldn't need 30 posts to ask what gun you have

Member #
    Liked
    8290 times
    I believe MANY of the first post "what zit worth" questions are a closeted way to see if someone will make an offer on their presumed treasure.
    They leave when nobody does.
    That's why I tend to ignore them unless it's from a known member.
    Last edited by needsmostuff; 08-02-2019 at 12:25 AM.
    sdismukes, jeepnut and lawdog like this.
    Where am I going ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and why am I in this handbasket ?

You know my uncle , he's as honest as me . An I'm as honest as a government man can be.

Member #
    Liked
    17369 times
    The Kubota forum I frequent has a post count threshold. You have to have at least 5 posts to post a picture. I think something similar could be applied here or like was said, a separate forum just for pricing questions, but then first time posters would ignore that in as much as they don't even bother to read the users agreement. No one reads the fine print today, most everyone just 'wings' it.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links