Fly Bys
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Fly Bys

Member #
    Liked
    5876 times
    What does the SW Book tell you about price in any specific location or market.?? Same with Blue Book????

As the old Pawn Shop mantra, Blue Book is just a suggestion (when pawning) then of course it is 100% value when the try and sell it!
    jeepnut and lawdog like this.
    NRA Certified RSO

Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    These days with internet, the blue book is out of date as soon as it's printed

Member #
    Liked
    57823 times
    Quote Originally Posted by The Happy Kaboomer View Post
    I believe that in order to ask a price on a gun a "member" should have at least 30 posts. Seems we get many that join/ask/gone. I think Injun Bro mentioned this earlier.

Wasn't me. I joined this & other forums because of friendly, helpful folks who answered a question from a 1st poster, me. I no longer visit forums where snarky elitists think if you ain't one of them you ain't nothing.
    K22, jeepnut, bearcat6 and 6 others like this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment & buy one" Jesus - Luke 22:36

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    10347 times
    A five post count is more reasonable than thirty. It's hard to run up a post count when you know nothing about the subject matter. Like many my first post was about value and info on a Highway Patrolman. Then after lurking on both forums for quite some time I felt comfortable posting more questions and answers. There's no right answer. If it's convenient I'll look up a number for somebody but if it's not I'll just let it go and usually somebody will answer.

Member #
    Liked
    16958 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesy814 View Post
    Many times the value question comes along with the " Tell me about my 38 special CTG that was Unkle Festers. Shouldn't need 30 posts to ask what gun you have
    Or cousin It.
    bearcat6, delcrossv and lawdog like this.

Member #
    Liked
    5011 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ussmanlovede36 View Post
    Or cousin It.
    If it's a Ladysmith, should it be owned by Morticia?
    lawdog likes this.
    "The right to buy weapons is the right to be free." -A.E. van Vogt

" It is simply not possible to believe fossil fuel emissions will destroy the world and, at the same time, oppose nuclear power. "- Dennis Prager

Site Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    39465 times
    A person should be able to join and post, start a thread, ask a question without there being a limit. Setting up a limit might restrict new members who become regular and fun members who make this place a online home. Those with just the one question, try to sell, who may never return, they will just pass on and best to them in their life.
    1av8r, StrawHat, Injunbro and 2 others like this.
    Cum Deo et victricibus armis

Member #
    Liked
    18386 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyZXZ View Post
    A person should be able to join and post, start a thread, ask a question without there being a limit. Setting up a limit might restrict new members who become regular and fun members who make this place a online home. Those with just the one question, try to sell, who may never return, they will just pass on and best to them in their life.
    Here I am with just 2 Smiths and a well know poster. I like this forum and have made many good friendships here. Great place to chat. May be down to one shortly. My hunting buddy Jimmy wants my 460 real bad. Might have to sell it to him and buy a Desert Eagle in 50 AE. I just have to have at least one big bore cannon.

Not sure if my 60's vintage S&W bolt action long gun qualifies as a true S&W. After all it is a Husquavarna and imported by Smith and Wesson, not built by.

Far as I'm concerned, if they go bang and shoot somewhat accurate, they are all good with me.

I'm really a long gun (bolt action) person, not a revolver or semi auto person.
    KZero and lawdog like this.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

Member #
    Liked
    5713 times
    Take a peek at the members list and you'll be surprised at the vast number of "members" that have 0, or 1 post. I'd venture a guess that if those ghost members were dropped, the forum membership number would be cut more than half. There really should be a inactive time limit set.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Links