• 4 Post By jonesy814
  • 5 Post By jb59
  • 4 Post By OzarkMarine

Thread: S & W To Relocate

Member #
    Liked
    2149 times

S & W To Relocate

I just read that the distribution center in Springfield, MA will be moving operations to Missouri during 2019. I guess it makes sense since they are letting a state that vilifies gun ownership profit by remaining in MA.

Member #
    Liked
    18768 times
    The S&W test range and custom gunsmithing shop will remain in Maine far as I know.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    24681 times
    Story from 2017 about the Missouri facility: https://www.masslive.com/business-ne...ew_missou.html

https://www.masslive.com/business-ne...t_plans_m.html

https://www.columbiamissourian.com/n...dd1502b4e.html

From this story, it sounds like they are consolidating all of AOB's distribution to the middle of the USA: https://www.masslive.com/business/20...n-in-2019.html

Some states have "funny ideas" about inventory and stock in process. I remember Illinois levying an annual tax on business inventory. My office actually packed up the parts stocking of our repairs operation and shipped it over the border into Indiana overnight and back again to save money every year.

It could be Mass is playing these games. States with high debt, a high taxation policy supporting transfer payments, corruption and cronyism are ultimately losing this game.

Here's an interesting analysis that lists each state by the amount of taxation being used to pay off their debts. This is money that, each year, is unavailable to support actual benefits to citizens. Some bonding is useful, but when it gets to be too much of a habit, look at how much of your taxes go to retire debt:

https://www.richstatespoorstates.org...f_tax_revenue/

in my state, it's 6.3%. In Mass it's 8.9%. In Missouri it's 8%. that means, off the bat, Missouri taxes can be almost 1% lower than Mass, with little impact. Arguably the infrastructure in North Carolina is in better condition than in Massachusetts.
    Cheers! Marc

Check out my Gun Rights BLOG at: http://skilledshot.wordpress.com
    accipere facile, sed sumite! - Take it easy, but take it!
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol; Personal Protection Inside and Outside the Home; Rifle; Reloading: Chief RSO
    NC DOJ Concealed Carry Instructor; Appointed Member North Carolina Criminal Justice Information Network

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    28763 times
    If its a distribution center it makes sense. It is quicker and cheaper to ship throughout the US from a more centrally located site than from the east coast

Member #
    Liked
    3305 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesy814 View Post
    If its a distribution center it makes sense. It is quicker and cheaper to ship throughout the US from a more centrally located site than from the east coast
    I'd rather drive a truck all over the Midwest where I fell at home and know my way around than the east coast
    Last edited by jb59; 03-19-2019 at 04:15 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    897 times
    My home state nearly landed Beretta's US manufacturing but our Dem senator's (thankfully failed) bills fixed that. They moved elsewhere.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3622 times
    My adopted state of Missouri is the most gun friendly state in the Union.
    S&W made a great choice.
    I know I did.
    Cliff, Curt360, jeepnut and 1 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    18768 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Get_the_Lead_Out View Post
    My home state nearly landed Beretta's US manufacturing but our Dem senator's (thankfully failed) bills fixed that. They moved elsewhere.
    In as much as you don't list a location \with your signature, could be any state... I find that interesting in as much as 95% of posters on here list a location...
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

Member #
    Liked
    18768 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jb59 View Post
    I'd rather drive a truck all over the Midwest where I fell at home and know my way around than the east coast
    It's not all that bad. You have to just develop the eastern attitude. I used to go east to NYC and New England all the time with a big truck. You just don't wander around in NE with a big truck, the roads get skinny and curvy real fast and lots of low bridges too.

Candidly, I'd rather truck New England states that Chicago, St. Louis or Atlanta. Don't matter though, I'm retired now. My driving is limited to a car.
    Daryl......

Member #
    Liked
    18768 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OzarkMarine View Post
    My adopted state of Missouri is the most gun friendly state in the Union.
    S&W made a great choice.
    I know I did.
    Just hope it stays that way. Get a few bleeding heart liberals in your statehouse and look out.
    Daryl......

Links