Pocket Police Model
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Pocket Police Model

Member #
    Liked
    62 times
    I know this is an old thread, but I'm new here and wanted to say how much I like those.

I always thought the 1862 Pocket Police was the best looking BP revolver, and maybe the best looking gun of the 19th century. And I know that's saying a little bit.

I've had other models, but never one of these I like best. It's just not a model I see around. I know they can be ordered easy enough, but I would like to do a least some comparing.

Does anyone have an opinion on a brand to get? I know most, if not all, come from the same place, but has anyone felt they are finished any better for one retailer in the US than another?

EDIT: I'm only a couple of hours from Friendship but haven't been in years. Maybe it's time
    Last edited by BarryinIN; 01-30-2017 at 11:13 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    3225 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryinIN View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but I'm new here and wanted to say how much I like those.
    Thank you!

I always thought the 1862 Pocket Police was the best looking BP revolver, and maybe the best looking gun of the 19th century. And I know that's saying a little bit.
    I believe the same thing, probably why I have a couple of them.

Does anyone have an opinion on a brand to get? I know most, if not all, come from the same place, but has anyone felt they are finished any better for one retailer in the US than another?
    The only company that currently makes a correct copy of the Pocket Navy or the Pocket Police is Uberti. ASM used to make a copy but they are long out of business. THe revolver that Pietta calls the 1862 is merely a short barreled 1861. The Uberti version is built on the smaller frame of the 31 caliber Pocket revolvers and utilizes the rebated frame and enlarged cylinder, as did the original Colt product. They are also 5 shot revolvers. The Pietta is built on the larger belt frame and is a six shooter.

I really like the little 36s. The only 36 caliber revolver with any recoil!

Kevin
    Knowledge should be shared and not hoarded.

www.NoonSharpening.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Links