Picking up a Romanian PSL in a couple of weeks - Yeah!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Picking up a Romanian PSL in a couple of weeks - Yeah!

Member #
    Liked
    8134 times
    Hey Gearchecker, I think your gonna have FUN !
    I could have predicted the accuracy negitivity,,,, folks draw conclusions without doing the homework.
    As you collect Mil-Surp you know this,,,,,,, others may not.
    First off , you cannot compare a mass produced milatary tool to a custom bolt action and measure accuracy. Different yardstick.
    Second, you cannot shoot surplus com-block spam can ammo and expect under 2-3 MOA. Most is steel core machine gun ammo made in different countries with lax specs.
    Third mil-spec is just that. Many who get CMP O3A3 rifles are disappointed that accuracy is just average as are many M1As.. Often you must do a LOT of work to them to get them shooting right. Seldom out of the box perfection.
    I found HUGE strides possible hand loading for Mosin Nagants over spam can ammo.

Similar rifles ? I have a VEPER 762x54 and a Seiga 308 and NOPE , I do not hand load for them ,,,,,, . Their appetite is to large and you can't find the brass!
    That plus I bought them to be semi auto , iron sight, spam can shooting , fire breathing fun guns !
    The holes don't have to touch.
    Diabloman and gearchecker like this.
    Where am I going ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and why am I in this handbasket ?

Member #
    Liked
    16746 times
    Interesting comment. With any and all firearms, I do my homework (and Gearchecker knows that). The 2 AK's I owned (and don't anymore) were capable of shooting around a corner but for downrange accuracy at any distance, no way Jose'.

Having said that, I'm not and never will be an AR or AK person. Don't care for them. I bought them as an investment and sold both for a substantial profit. No black guns here (or phosphate coated) for that matter. Maybe black Cerakote but thats it.

If that is what Gearchecker wants, so be it. Not my cup of tea and never will be. Like Tridgecon scopes, I'd never own one even if someone gave me one, it would go in the trash can.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

Member #
    Liked
    47562 times
    I tried handloading for mine it didn't help with the accuracy. As for 03A3s, I shot this five shot group with mine at 100 yards with the iron sights. The high shot was the first, I took a six o'clock hold on the white bull the other four I held on the bottom of the red. My Dragunovs now rest in the back of my safe. I'm sure you will enjoy your new rifle and I don't mean to rain on your parade, I was just disappointed with the results I got from mine.
    Last edited by bearcat6; 07-03-2019 at 02:32 PM.
    I'm Mr Bad Example, take a look at me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Site Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    26270 times
    I'm strictly looking at it as a fun gun, and it'll be a profit maker in the future considering what I'm paying for it. The big bonus is the 500 extra rounds of ammo I'm getting with it. I'll more than likely sell the second scope, and possibly put the russian scope on my AK-47. Any way I look at it, it's for fun, and when I get bored with it, or somebody inherits it, it'll be worth much more than what I'm paying for it today.
    Teach them the truth, and let them sort thru the cobwebs of liberalism that have infested their minds.
    When the time comes that I don't want a new gun, call the undertaker!
    When they come for your guns, give them the ammo first!
    .45 ACP, Because shooting twice is just plain silly!

http://www.corneredcat.com
    http://www.takdriver.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Links