Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Guns I’d like to revisit.

Site Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8772 times

Guns I’d like to revisit.

Having spent hours last week going through the Gun and ammo inventory and making things ship shape and ready (already was but did it again to stay busy) I was thinking of several guns that have passed through my hands that I would like to revisit when the opportunity arises.

Ruger Single Six. Preferably unconverted. Had one and traded it on something else. Not sure I could even tell you what but chances are it was a Smith revolver. (That will be a common theme). It was a lot of fun. It came with the LR cylinder but brother Jessie found me a Magnum cylinder. It needed a little fitting but it ended up working perfectly.

Browning Hi-Power. Had one briefly. Israeli surplus pistol. It was fine and functional but nothing pretty to look at. Sold it to buy a Smith revolver. Would love to find a nicer example and really put it through its paces.

Colt Woodsman Match Target. I picked one of these up because I knew a friend was looking for one. I had it for a couple of weeks. That thing was one of the sweetest shooting pistols I ever handled.

Glock 19. Sounds crazy. Had one for a year or so. Sold it for a Smith Revolver. Surprised, I know. Right about now, I’m really wishing I had kept it. The 3913 is a great pistol but a double stack would make me feel better right now.

Remington 721/722. Has one in .222 and I don’t really regret selling it because it went to someone who loves them and it allowed me to buy my Sako Mannlicher .222. I’ve come to see how great these rifles were and are and will likely pick one up in the future.

Let’s keep it going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lost in the woods.

Member #
    Liked
    18367 times
    Bought and sold a variety of guns over the years; only a few I regret: Ruger No.1 RSI in .243; traded a RWS air rifle for an Anschutz .22lr and then traded that away; passed on an Italian-made Ithaca trap single (turns out it was made by Perazzi); sold my Remington XP-100 in 7mmBR when I didn't have any access to a rifle range (now I do)
    I did wind up getting another RWS of the same model
    jeepnut and Curt360 like this.
    “Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!” - Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    8627 times
    Yes, I've gotten rid of some dandies in order to fund other purchases or my ability to eat and live indoors.
    1964 Browning Superposed 12ga OU - a true bird-murdering machine. Traded it for much needed dinero.
    1957 Browning A5 Sweet Sixteen - Absolutely beautiful with a 26" VR barrel. I couldn't hit a bull in the ass with it.
    S&W 659 9mm - still don't know why I sold this one.
    S&W 67 no dash - total brain cramp
    S&W 12-2 4" nickel - another brain cramp. Sold it because I HAD to have a Ruger SP101 .22. Stupid, I absolutely HATE the Ruger.
    There are more, but supper's ready!
    jeepnut, Forester and Curt360 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    71836 times
    I had one that I really did regret and that was my Dan Wesson 15-2 in 357 mag. Sold it to fund another gun then after regretting and looking for about 5 years found a real beauty with 8 3/8 inch barrel in great shape and traded a GP 100 for it and have never looked back. I do not miss any I have traded or sold but the ones I have will be passed on. This thread does make you think.
    Abby'sDad and Curt360 like this.
    Regards,
    Rodney

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead."

Thomas Paine

Member #
    Liked
    60948 times
    Model 63 4" I sold to a friend decades ago, his grandson now owns it. Tried a new 63 3" ... it just wasn't the same. I carried it squirrel hunting w/ my brother who declared handguns were cute toys but no real use. I got 1 more than he did that day w/ his shotgun.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment & buy one" Jesus - Luke 22:36

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    22719 times
    For a newbie I've done okay. I've only sold one gun, a DS, and that to a friend. I charged him what I paid for it. I have purchased three guns for too much money; a case of "if you want it bad you get it bad". That has backed me off of my on line purchases for a bit. I pretty much have every gun I want to get with the exception of another K22 or Model 17. And of course if I ever have a great year with my IRA distribution I might go crazy and look for a K-32 to give me that wonderful trifecta.

But that is the stuff of dreams.
    Abby'sDad, jeepnut and Curt360 like this.

Duty then is the sublimest word in the English language. You should do your duty in all things. You can never do more, you should never wish to do less

Robert E. Lee

Member #
    Liked
    11627 times
    There are a few that I let get away, Model 625 Mountain Gun, 657 3", 657 7 1/2" but I did well enough on them that I can't really complain. The current accumulation includes a passel of newer guns that I shoot really well and some oldies that shoot as good as the new ones. I'm in a happy place : )
    Leo918, Forester, jeepnut and 1 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    463 times
    I've let way too many get away over the years... many were unremarkable, but there were a few I wouldn't mind replacing. The ones that come immediately to mind are:

Colt 1903 .32 Pocket Hammerless I inherited from a great uncle, and traded off because I was young and dumb.

1933 Springfield NRA Sporting Rifle - basically a heavy barrel target version of the 1903. Mine shot under 1/2 MOA with careful loading, with iron sights! Last one I saw sold for ~$5k!

Walther/Manurhin PP in .32. Just a cheap police trade-in I bought in the 80s, but boy did it shoot!

S&W Model 18 in .22lr. Just a beautiful .22 K frame... values on these are a little nuts.
    Abby'sDad, jeepnut and Curt360 like this.
    "The welfare of the people has always been the alibi of tyrants." Camus

Member #
    Liked
    7672 times
    I lost so many in my boating accident and maybe if they can raise the boat I can salvage some but usually when I sell one its for a reason. Have purchased newer models of some and others have completely forgotten about.
    jeepnut, Waidmann and Curt360 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    10978 times
    This Non-Registered Magnum from 1940......

Name:  IMG_0049.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  857.9 KB
    Leo @ Death Valley - S&WCA #2364

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links