Have You Changed Your EDC?
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Have You Changed Your EDC?

Member #
    Liked
    38 times

Have You Changed Your EDC?

I usually carry a J frame 38 Special and a Kahr 380. However I am switching up to a Glock 19 and Glock 26. Also keep a model 28 in the car. There is something comforting about an N frame revolver loader with 357mags. That is just me.

Don't have any hunting rifles. A few shotguns and an M1 carbine.

The lines outside the gun shops and the talk about calling out the Army make me nervous. I wont need any troops to defend my home. As long as I can find food I am okay.
    Last edited by wheel man; 03-20-2020 at 09:31 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    2647 times
    not really .. I was carrying my 686 for the most part unless I was out exercising then it was the 642. I just sold off the 686 and havent yet made a holster for the 28 so I have been carrying my GP100 match 10mm.
    Alex

Member #
    Liked
    5153 times
    Still carrying my 7 shot S&W revolver for EDC. In my car a NAA Pug and in my wife’s car a Glock 27 and S&W 642.
    Paul

STUPID WILL GET YOU KILLED

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2508 times
    Not out of my usual routine for this time of year. A recent purchase of a SIG 365XL has been a good BUG; I'm on the tractor today and it's today's carry, in part because its muzzle doesn't dig into the seat. As part of the church security team, I'm still carrying a Delta Elite with Double Tap 155gr all copper Barnes JHPs.

For a beater door rifle, picked up a Mauser K98, (cheap price) Yugoslavian armory rebuild. Easy to find European 8mm hunting and surplus ammo, American 8mm is waterlogged. its a pleasure to shoot while working the bolt on the shoulder. Anyone who has shot the 98 Mauser knows how sweet the bolt is.
    Injunbro, Curt360, Bob K and 2 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1796 times
    -Why ? What have you heard?

Member #
    Liked
    15058 times
    I used to carry an old M-36 2" .38 Spl. for a long time, 30 years. This past summer, I got a 9mm. Ruger LC9s semi auto. that I like very much! Should have done it earlier........but, this past Aug., a new 'older' model became available for a cheap price. Can't resist a bargain, so it came home with me! Bob
    Curt360 and RdrBill like this.
    When you want the BEST! Bob

Member #
    Liked
    60998 times
    My carry weapon varies but I have 1 rule: the function exactly the same whether autoloader or revolver. Point & mash the bang switch w/ no extra safeties to complicate things when there's no time to think. Some DA revolvers can be fired SA & I prefer that option but DA is the only way to go when nanoseconds count.
    Boriqua, wirenut, Jace and 12 others like this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment & buy one" Jesus - Luke 22:36

Member #
    Liked
    1355 times
    Still carrying my G19 with little intention of changing. I will carry a 638 if I know during my outing if going to a school function, courthouse, etc. since it is easier to remove from pocket and place back in. Once I get a holster for my G41, I may carry it occasionally. I’ve carried it around the house some in an old G19 holster with only minor concealment issues which the holster I have picked out it will help on the concealment.

Joe
    Last edited by Jace; 03-20-2020 at 03:49 PM.
    Curt360 and jeepnut like this.

Member #
    Liked
    216 times
    I'd say that we are one or two events from some extreme civil disobedience, and yes I've upped my game when it comes to what I carry. I am now carrying no smaller a caliber than my Shield 9mm with two spare mags. I also will carry my Springfield XD Mod2 45acp with 2 spare mags, and my Citadel Officer 1911 with 3 spare mags. Not all at the same time though lol. Heck, the other day I was carrying my full sized 1911 with 3 spare mags in my pocket.

I'd say one of my greatest fears is being in a store or someplace, and some kind of event happening and i only have my little Ruger LCP in my pocket. I'd really be kicking myself if that were to happen.
    Curt360, Bob K and Injunbro like this.
    "Beware the fury of a patient man." - John Dryden

NRA member

Member #
    Liked
    37522 times
    Had to go to Erie yesterday. I carried my Shield with 8+1 instead of my usual J frame.
    Curt360, Injunbro and jeepnut like this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links