• 8 Post By gunhacker
  • 3 Post By Breakaway500
  • 2 Post By dennis40xnc

Thread: Gun buying panic

Member #
    Liked
    833 times

Gun buying panic

It's reached Idaho. Ammo is gone from everywhere. Still can buy some firearms, but there is nothing to feed them with. The owner/operator of one of our local gun stores told me he sold a second-hand Savage Model 110 rifle in .243 Winchester and two boxes of cartridges to a guy who just had to have a gun to protect his family with. Tried to sell him on a nicely used S&W Model 10 (with the tapered barrel). But the gentleman was nervous about a handgun and fixated on the Savage. So he is now the proud owner of a nice little deer rifle which will easily shoot through cars and standard body armor. Luckily it has iron sights so there is no scope to zero. When this situation does wind-down (whenever that is) I'm sure the rifle will return to the same gun-store and it will be bought back; along with two unused (hopefully) boxes of .243 Winchester. It's gotten that crazy.

Member #
    Liked
    44653 times
    Tempted to go by the LGS and ask how things are going. We're a conservative county with zero reported cases, yet the local Wally World looks like an East German market at the height of communist shortages.

Stay tuned - same bat time, same bat channel.
    No God, No Good.... Know God, Know Good....

Any government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take everything you have.--- Thomas Jefferson

911 Response time: 600+ seconds. 1911 response time: 800+ feet per second.

US Navy, Vietnam Vet, NRA Life Member, GOA Life Member, Hook'em Horns!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8235 times
    I hope all of these new gun owners realize that had it not been for the 2nd Amendment, they would not have been able to buy a gun to protect themselves.... and will now think twice when it comes to supporting gun grabbing politicians.

We're seeing the same bump in gun sales to first time buyers, who are surprised to learn that they have to wait 10-days before being able to bring it home. News reports here said people were getting upset about the waiting period... poor babies.... irony can be such a bitch sometimes.
    Last edited by gunhacker; Today at 01:37 AM.
    Conrad

NRA Endowment Member
    S&WCA #1830
    S&WHF #222
    Hopeless lifetime S&W Junkie
    Chronic "Marlinitis" sufferer

Political correctness: The doctrine fostered by the delusional liberals or the naïve, which attempts to promote the ideology that a turd is something that can be picked up and safely handled from the clean end.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    10380 times
    I actually sold two new 642s I had in "stock" from a deal I had made years ago when I bought 4 of them all at once. My local Chief of police wanted one for his wife to carry and the local Civil Defence Commander wanted one as well. I wasn't advertising them but the Chief knows I carry one and asked if I wanted to sell it...and so it led to me selling some of my stash.

Even the local law enforcement are on pins and needles...walk softly out there...
    Boriqua, Curt360 and Abby'sDad like this.
    We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Member #
    Liked
    330 times
    I haven't seen gun buying panic here, but ammo is disappearing. I can't find any 40S&W right now. It seems 9mm and 22 is still out there, but the local Academy has set a limit of 3 boxes of ammo a visit.
    Show us old folks some respect. We got through high school and college without Google!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4841 times
    I am not in need of additional firearms, reloading components and or commercial ammunition. To those caught up in the current buying frenzy it is what it is. I've lived long enough to see numerous buying cycles fueled by kiss your rear-end goodbye syndrome. It will pass and the new normal will take its place until the next buying stamped occurs fueled by some occurrence.
    Boriqua and Abby'sDad like this.

Member #
    Liked
    18331 times
    I have not been to the LGS for a while but when I drive by in my travels it looks normal traffic wise. I just checked midwayusa ammo and you are limited to 3 boxes. So I ordered 38 super and 45 acp. I still have plenty of 38 spl and 45 colt. Great another ammo shortage.
    Last edited by ussmanlovede36; Today at 11:58 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    2477 times
    Only bummer is .. I was looking real hard at an M&P in .40 since I saw them at about $300 a couple weeks ago ... I waited .. Damnit!!!!
    Alex

Member #
    Liked
    5240 times
    One of Lincoln's gun stores has posted on Facebook that they are restocking ammo daily. No need to panic.
    "I ask, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.”
    -- George Mason, co-author of the 2nd Amendment

"Make yourself sheep and the wolves will eat you."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Links