Shipping handguns--any alternative to UPS & Fedex?
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Shipping handguns--any alternative to UPS & Fedex?

Member #
    Liked
    649 times

Shipping handguns--any alternative to UPS & Fedex?

The corporate world is our enemy.

Member #
    Liked
    7701 times
    If you are an FFL you could use the post office- Good luck! Other than that don't sell further than you are willing to drive.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    27439 times
    Have a FFL ship it via Registered USPS.

In my experience, it's safer than the private transport companies, more secure, better tracked and less expensive (even including the FFL fee to handle it).

Overnight UPS or FedEX will run $100 now. Registered USPS is under $35 to most of the US.
    Cheers! Marc

Check out my Gun Rights BLOG at: http://skilledshot.wordpress.com
    accipere facile, sed sumite! - Take it easy, but take it!
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol; Personal Protection Inside and Outside the Home; Rifle; Reloading: Chief RSO
    NC DOJ Concealed Carry Instructor; Appointed Member North Carolina Criminal Justice Information Network

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    649 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mrerick View Post
    Registered USPS is under $35 to most of the US.
    Yes, BUT, by the time you've paid $35 or $40 to a dealer, you're almost back up to the UPS cost. If I were shipping USPS, I'd ship Priority in a flat-rate box, & take my chances. In fact, I just did that several months ago, enclosing my C&R in the hope it would "pass" if the box happened to be inspected--which is not likely to happen unless it happens to be damaged in shipment. However, I'm reluctant to make a regular habit of it.

Can anyone explain to me how this outrageous restriction was allowed to stay in effect during TWO YEARS of total control of Congress by our "friends"?
    Last edited by Adirondacker; 03-08-2020 at 11:15 AM.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    5423 times
    I shipped 2 guns recently via UPS, by me. UPS was running 40% off, it was cheaper than going thru an FFL.

With UPS you have to ship next day, but Next Day Air Saver is way less expensive than Next Day, and is fine with UPS. Difference? Air Saver is delivered later in the day. Who cares as long as the requirement is met?
    Of course the receiving FFL has to be ok with accepting from a non FFL with some form of Gov’t ID, some won’t.

Then there’s the old throw it in a box and pray it gets there. I’ve had two guns shipped to my FFL vis USPS by a non FFL, a big no no.
    One of the sellers just dropped the gun in a flat rate USPS box with nothing inside but the gun. I got things straight when he sent me ID for my FFL who is fine with receiving from non FFL’s.

Don’t mess with postal inspectors.

Edit: Everything is fine until it isn’t.
    Last edited by ladder13; 03-08-2020 at 11:40 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    6519 times
    Well if your FFL charges $40 transfer fee then perhaps look for another dealer.

The fes guns I sold, I printed the USPS label (with the FFL address) got the box with packing. Brought to my FFL he checked, recorded in bound book. We taped it and USPS came and picked it up.
    So it was $25 for FFL and whatever the medium Flat rate box is going for these days.

I am not driving all the way to a UPS Hub or FedEx.
    Ratzo likes this.
    NRA Certified RSO

Member #
    Liked
    649 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rule3 View Post
    Well if your FFL charges $40 transfer fee then perhaps look for another dealer.
    The "other" charges $50--his way of saying "I don't want to do it." When you live in the country, FFLs are few & far between.

Member #
    Liked
    20880 times
    I believe DHL handles firearms as well but with DHL, it's a crapshoot about it getting there... DHL= Dumb and Hopelessly Lost...
    gearchecker and jeepnut like this.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

Member #
    Liked
    2647 times
    several people on a local board said they had success here

https://www.shipmygun.com/go/
    Injunbro, jeepnut and Oldgungeezer like this.

Member #
    Liked
    20880 times
    After the deal last year in Indy with the handguns vanishing from the distribution center, I'm leery about UPS.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links