If you could buy any gun you wanted - what would you buy (Non NFA models)
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: If you could buy any gun you wanted - what would you buy (Non NFA models)

Member #
    Liked
    3628 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Injunbro View Post
    Actually I already own all of my grail guns & am in the sad position of nothing left to lust after.... Now what do I do?
    ​Lust after that new girlfriend.

I have bought all the good deals I can afford. Now it is time to go to the range and shoot. There isn't anything that excites me now. I can't afford ammo for the "dream guns", and I have all the "practical" ones that were unaffordable in my family years.
    Last edited by Engineer1911; 02-12-2020 at 12:55 AM.
    Injunbro likes this.
    NRA Life Member, Air Force 1970 - 74, S&WCA # 2533 Inactive, S&WHF #366

Member #
    Liked
    13944 times
    I'm with Jonesey....a S&W Model 27, 3.5 barrel. #1 is a Thompson 1921 or 1928 full auto......fwiw
    Curt360 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    4827 times
    Injun, looks like garden work for you instead of searching gun sites for good deals. I'll help take up your slack.u
    Cliff

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Tommy gun with the round magazine.
    Curt360 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by timetripper View Post
    One of the early big bore S&W top breaks like the New Model #3 in 44-40 or 44 Russian, or a 44 DA New model Navy.
    John
    Yes - New Model #3 in 44 Russian. I've seen an Uberti replica in my local Impact Guns, but if fantasizing I'll take the real thing.

Then add a Johnson M1941 Rifle (later production without the grip safety). I looked at one for several gun shows before it disappeared - but $2,500 was just a bit steep.

There's just something about rotary-magazine rifles... it could take up its place next to my Savage A22Magnum (.22mag) and Savage Model 99G (.300 Sav).
    And, Melvin M. Johnson Jr.'s rifle was a takedown type - USMC paratroopers could easily remove the barrel to reduce length, then take a few seconds after landing to re-install it! Try THAT with one of those stodgy Garands!
    The Paratroop model introduced later had the buttstock removable as well.

Throw away NFA and I'd add in a M1941 or M1944 Johnson Light Machine Gun.
    The 1941 had a bipod, that had to be removed for barrel changes, while the 1944 had a monopod that stayed in place - and could be used as a vertical foregrip for easier walking fires!

Then that M3 Carbine with thermal sight.

Colonel Victor H. Krulak (later Commanding General, Fleet Marine Force, Pacific during Vietnam, and opponent of Westmoreland's tactics & strategies - and father of Charles C. Krulak who was Commandant USMC July 1, 1995 to June 30, 1999) testified before the US Army Ordnance Board on 23 Dec 1943 that:
    The B.A.R is a very fine weapon, but, just like the P-40, it is outmoded. It is a dead duck.
    The Johnson Light Machine Gun is in actuality a machine rifle comparable in all tactical respects to a B.A.R. But, it is lighter, lighter by pounds, lighter lets say by the weight of 100 rounds of caliber .30 ammunition on a soldier's back. It functions miraculously well under the most adverse circumstances. It is accurate.
    Now I am attempting to say in correct terms, that because of the splendid sight, as compared with a very questionable one on the B.A.R., ... you can destroy snipers with it in a single shot.
    You can provide full support in the reduction of pill boxes, bunkers, and fixed defenses. Troops will not go in under a B.A.R. because it is not sufficiently precise because of its sight and inherent action.
    I believe that you are doing something about the B.A.R. action. I should be delighted to see it, and while you are doing it, take five pounds off it. It will then be comparable to the, I dare say, to this machine called the Johnson Light Machine Gun with exception to its functioning.
    Side by side we find the Johnson Light Machine Gun to function more dependably.
    So, much lighter (14lb vs 23lb), more dependable, more accurate, more reliable - and fitted with a quick-change barrel! Who needs a B.A.R.?
    Last edited by BlackBat242; 02-14-2020 at 12:39 AM.
    Curt360 likes this.

Site Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    26837 times
    Tommy gun with the round magazine.
    Something that looks like this??

Name:  100_1379.JPG
Views: 18
Size:  304.8 KB
    Teach them the truth, and let them sort thru the cobwebs of liberalism that have infested their minds.
    When the time comes that I don't want a new gun, call the undertaker!
    When they come for your guns, give them the ammo first!
    .45 ACP, Because shooting twice is just plain silly!

http://www.corneredcat.com
    http://www.takdriver.com

Member #
    Liked
    14621 times
    Irv, Be happy with all the S&W's you got. Now.......you can start on Winchesters and Colts. You could probably spend several lifetimes collecting those! There are some 'serious collector's' here among us. I believe that you know a few! For all that I know.......you could be one of them!!!! Bob
    Boriqua and Injunbro like this.
    When you want the BEST! Bob

Member #
    Liked
    60019 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer1911 View Post
    ​Lust after that new girlfriend.

I acquired my grail girlfriend nearly 34 years ago & gave her a ring... she'd wring my neck if I got another one.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment & buy one" Jesus - Luke 22:36

Member #
    Liked
    14621 times
    I don't think anybody, except Donna, would want this broken down, old man.....anyway!!!! We're both on our 'last legs' at this point. Glad that I planned ahead for retirement. No problems, money wise.......yet!!!! Donna laid down the rules. NO MORE GUNS!!!!! I 'snuck in' with a Ruger LC9s, that's pretty cool, and my new carry gun. Now I got the M-36, and the LC9s for small carry guns!!!! Bob
    Boriqua likes this.
    When you want the BEST! Bob

Member #
    Liked
    6819 times
    Well another BBQ 1911.

Factory engraved with a paltry $10,000 price tag and low serial number.

Attached Images Attached Images      
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Links