Smith And Wesson Forums banner

Christmas Day, 2019 Range Time with Friends

1K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  nmshieldshooter 
#1 ·
We had family over Christmas Eve for dinner and gifts because my wife and one daughter worked Christmas. This left available for some range time and seeing as how it was 46-48 degrees out why not?
Our friend Tim joined Curt and me for about 3 hours of shooting. Here was the days range setup
Snow Winter Geological phenomenon Freezing Soil

Here are the guns we had in hand to shoot. Tim brought a 1st generation Ruger LC9, Glock22 & Shield, both in .40 caliber. Curt had his Springfield Armory XD Mod2 subcompact 45, Ruger SP101 and S&W models 67 & 28. I brought my m638, m617 and m15
Gun Firearm Revolver Airsoft gun Trigger

We had 2 target stands as well as 5 pieces of steel and some pop titles to shoot at. We did a warm up drill with a target made with 4 different colored 7 inch shapes. Start with gun holstered at 20 feet. Upon call of "Threat!" The shooter begins his draw. While he is drawing a color is called and the shooter has to shoot a controlled pair on the correct color. Here Curt shot green first, did ok then I shot white not so well. Curt next pair had just been shot here in yellow. I have been shooting my 442 all summer and wasn't used to 638. I did very in the next few rounds
Yellow Circle Art

Here is Tim shooting Curts XD
Snow Winter Standing Freezing Footwear

He managed to shoot the cap off a My Few bottle full of water without even moving the bottle
Bottle Drink Soil Litter Alcohol

More to follow. I have reached my 5 picture limit

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey Jonesy,

Fun times!

I like "unscrewing" the lids on Ice Tea bottles w/K 22!

Later, Mark

#4 ·
As Curt was walking from left to right and about 8 or 9 feet from the target, I yelled "THREAT!"
Geological phenomenon Snow Winter Slope Recreation

A pivot, quick draw and 6 rapid shots resulted in this
Illustration Cartoon Shooting sport Graphic design Art

Here I am in a similar situation, though I believe I was walking right to left when Curt yelled THREAT!
Snow Winter Freezing Geological phenomenon Travel

I generally have a better shooting stance than this but my foot skidded out when I planted and turned and our drills are run like real life. Bad grip, crappy stance, hosed the draw....doesn't matter, it is what it is in real life so make the best of it... barring unsafe situations in drills
We set up a hostage target and Curt went first on taking out the psycho with a great shot
Art Street art Snow Visual arts Winter

I had filled bottles with red, blue and green colored water then brought the same number of each color. Tim was green, and here is Curt shooting at the red one at top right with his XD....He should have used his m67
Geological phenomenon Soil Geology Snow Fault

#5 ·
I’m definitely not calling on you guys late at night...hope you had a great day... we don’t tell how we do it in FL...:)

Thewelshm

#6 ·
Here are a few more pictures from the day. Tim returning from downrange
Clothing Jeans Jacket Denim Facial hair
And Tim shooting
Snow Winter Geological phenomenon Tree Slope

Another one of Curt
Snow Winter Geological phenomenon Fun Tree

My 1969 manufactured model 15-3 is an excellent shooter. One of those guns that can really make you look good if you do your part
Offhand, Double action and standing at 25 feet, it's not really all that hard for me to get results like this
Target archery Recreation Archery Shooting range Shooting sport

#7 ·
A great day at the range...all the more special because of the holiday and spending time with friends. Loved shooting all the various guns while getting some practice with my current EDC (XD MOD2 .45acp). Everyone did well and we were all pretty much on target.:cool:

#8 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.