• 3 Post By Bob K
  • 3 Post By WendyZXZ
  • 1 Post By Mjh

Thread: Was just thinking

Member #
    Liked
    812 times

Was just thinking

Ok this is irrelevant, but a friend and I were talking to day about the future, so most collectors of revolvers are older. What is going to happen in 10, 20 years as we start to die off, is the market going to be flooded with a lot of collections, reducing the value? Or will be
    Divided up and spark intrest. Just thinking that's all. I am not concerned I will keep on collecting and shooting.

Member #
    Liked
    880 times
    As my nearest and dearest repeatedly says when I wonder about "after we're gone" -- NOT OUR PROBLEM!

Perhaps your statement was not about after you are gone, though, and you are concerned about the value of your collection while you are still here? Advice: Never collect guns, thinking they are going to be your retirement fund! (Or beanie babies)
    lawdog, Mjh, WendyZXZ and 5 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    3242 times
    In my area, a lot of WWII stuff is showing up at the auction houses. Not a lot of folks interested in it.

Kevin
    Mjh and jeepnut like this.
    Knowledge should be shared and not hoarded.

www.NoonSharpening.com

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    812 times
    Granny you are right, and I don't collect guns for retirement, because I hate selling them, and almost always regret selling. I do believe my meager collection will be divided up between my 5 children and most will stay with them.
    jeepnut and ShooterGranny like this.

Member #
    Liked
    16969 times
    And here we were counting on our Beanie Babies collection. I think as the older collectors die off their collections will be worth less. Because the younger buyers can't afford them at current prices. Revolvers seem to be slow sellers for the most part.

Member #
    Liked
    57859 times
    Gun collections, like all collections, surge & recede. After 1900 lever action .30-30's were big items, today they draw little interest. Single action Colt prices come & go. Pre-64 Model 70's are the same, etc.. Like anything else if you can buy low & sell high you make money but trying to do that is guesswork. I just buy what I like & trade off what no longer interests me. After I'm gone it's someone else's worry but I got to enjoy them for a while.
    lawdog, Mac23, jdavis and 9 others like this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment & buy one" Jesus - Luke 22:36

Member #
    Liked
    13892 times
    Irv, That makes a lot of sense, but........imagine if old revolvers suddenly got popular to collect, and prices were 10x the current value. Bob
    lawdog, Injunbro and Curt360 like this.
    When you want the BEST! Bob

Site Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    39494 times
    Ours will all be passed on to family here, some already have!
    Injunbro, lawdog and Curt360 like this.
    Cum Deo et victricibus armis

Member #
    Liked
    812 times
    I am definitely not worried about return on my guns, because I probably just payed a few hundred dollars over what some thing was worth, but man I really wanted it. That sweet 686-1 I post early. I agree with all of you it doesn't matter, because we love what we love. Just sharing thoughts that's all.
    Injunbro likes this.

Links