Mid October Range Day
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Mid October Range Day

Member #
    Liked
    13832 times
    It was a nice day, so I took my Ruger LC9s to the range to run some Winchester 9mm. 115 gr. FMJ practice ammo through it. I shot at bowling pins, not paper targets. Most of my shots were right on, taking down pins with every shot at 10 ' away. I basically used one hand, and concentrated on the front site. I was very happy that I did so good......I had shot my Ruger SR22 at targets at the indoor range, only last week.

I brought only one mag, and had to reload it, 4 times. I got a LuLa Uploader, which made reloading easier, but not being used to it, I was pretty slow. I need to do it more. I am very pleased with shooting the 9mm., it was very pleasant, no much recoil. So, I'll be shooting both the .22 and 9mm. Rugers quite a bit, in the future. That's what I bought them for.

It is much more pleasant, than shooting .38 Spl. +P ammo, which has more recoil in a revolver, and is considerably LOUDER, too! I've been having problems with my ears ringing, from accidently shooting the .38 Spl. revolvers without my muffs on.......placed down around my neck, while reloading!!! Bob
    jonesy814, Curt360, KZero and 1 others like this.
    When you want the BEST! Bob

Member #
    Liked
    26481 times
    Hey Bob, glad you got to do some shooting. I have an SR22 and it is a really nice shooting gun
    Curt360 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    13832 times
    Both of the Rugers are nice to shoot. I was happy to see that the LC9s 9mm. is also a nice handling pistol, that's easy on the recoil. (being a gas operated semi-auto) They both fit in the same holster (one at a time, of course!), a Hume IWB with a clip on. They also conceal very well, since they are compact. Bob
    Curt360 and jonesy814 like this.
    When you want the BEST! Bob

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1755 times
    Look like you had a fun time,congrats.
    jonesy814 and Curt360 like this.
    When someone shows you who they are,believe them the first time. Maya Angelo

..............................................[IMG][/IMG]

Member #
    Liked
    1731 times
    That looks like a great time. Various positions and distances and formats. Fantastic.
    jonesy814 and Curt360 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    18377 times
    Spent the afternoon alone on my range sighting back in my 10 point X bow I just got back from the manufacturer for a recall for a trigger malfunction (Not only S&W has issues).... I like shooting it. has the full noise dampening on it and it's totally silent and extremely deadly with the expanding Grim Reaper heads on the bolts.

Hopefully, the gun grabbers don't know about X bows......
    Curt360 and jonesy814 like this.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Links