Walmart
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Walmart

Member #
    Liked
    7 times

Walmart

Proud of myself; I haven't set foot in a Walmart since CEO McMillion made the decision that Walmart would stop selling ammunition that would fit in "short-barreled" rifles and pistols …. as well as stopping handgun sales in Alaska. I haven't missed it any, as my ammo needs can readily be met be Academy, Sportsman's Warehouse, Bass Pro, etc …. As for Alaska - Kroger Foods/Fred Meyer stopped selling firearms a while back …. but it wasn't publicized a whole lot … unlike Walmart eager to publicly play into leftist politics such as Dicks Sporting Goods. Hope other folks shop elsewhere instead of Walmart.
    Last edited by B_Uptergrove; 09-25-2019 at 06:28 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    4844 times
    I am still a Walmart shopper. Bought 2 Remington 11-87's on close out for $249.00 each this year. I buy lots of stuff there. Don't cut off your nose to spite your face. This too shall pass.

Member #
    Liked
    14015 times
    I drove up to Turner's Falls this morning, to buy some Winchester 9mm. practice ammo, since Walmart doesn't sell it any more. 'The Gun Stock' seems to have better prices than any gun shop around home. It's a pleasant 2 hour drive, up along the river valley. I could take Rt. 91, and cut the time in half........but I don't need a better reason for a long drive!

Kaboomer, You better buy your guns and ammo at Walmart now, while you still can. It won't be long until they stop sales nation wide!!!! THEY WILL DO IT!!!!! Bob
    Last edited by Bob K; 09-25-2019 at 07:20 PM.
    When you want the BEST! Bob

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    62926 times
    My Pharmacy is at Walmart and I carry concealed in the store. Have always carried concealed. I noticed ours still have rifles and saw them stocking more today. Maybe they made an exception in Georgia. I have not bought a gun from them anyway and I reload most of my my own ammo anyway.
    Bob K, Oldgungeezer, Ratzo and 6 others like this.
    Regards,
    Rodney

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead."

Thomas Paine

Member #
    Liked
    28251 times
    The area Walmart carries some reloading supplies. I don't know if their announcement means they will no longer carry pistol primers, so I picked up 300 large and 300 small when I was in there last week
    I may pick up a 100 round box of Federal 223 next time. I noticed it was just under $30/100. Might as well get it while I can because the gun shop wants $5-$6 per hundred more, unless I buy 1000
    Oldgungeezer, jeepnut and Curt360 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    6336 times
    I haven't bought ammo in a Walmart in at least five years. We still shop there.
    Oldgungeezer, jeepnut and Curt360 like this.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.

Member #
    Liked
    5341 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepnut View Post
    My Pharmacy is at Walmart and I carry concealed in the store. Have always carried concealed. I noticed ours still have rifles and saw them stocking more today. Maybe they made an exception in Georgia. I have not bought a gun from them anyway and I reload most of my my own ammo anyway.
    I've yet to notice any sign at my local Walmarts that state I can't carry. Nobody has noticed me carrying either....
    If you can't be who you are, then you don't exist.

Member #
    Liked
    4844 times
    Bob K........I make all my ammo except 22LR. Wally's bulk 22 is better priced than anywhere else. There's a Wally in Franklin NC that carries reloading machines and components. Most Wally's still carry a good supply of rifles and shotguns plus ammo for such. Handgun ammo as such can be purchased elsewhere when needed. So no big deal.
    jeepnut likes this.

ETF
    Member #
    Liked
    633 times
    I don't usually buy ammo at Walmart except for bulk shot shells on occasion. I live in a rural East Texas county and you can't really live without going to Walmart on occasion. My shopping there tends to be of dire necessity. It's one place that I don't relish going but sometimes you just can't help it.
    Bob K and jeepnut like this.

Member #
    Liked
    431 times
    I bought some .22 there last week. Saw a guy walk in with with an open carry xdm, nothing mentioned to him about it. I'm in a conservative area, not too worried about it. Rural king just around the corner if I get pissed off.
    jeepnut likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links