Sturm, Ruger Leads Firearms Manufacturing in the U.S.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Sturm, Ruger Leads Firearms Manufacturing in the U.S.

Member #
    Liked
    4098 times

Sturm, Ruger Leads Firearms Manufacturing in the U.S.

Sturm, Ruger Leads Firearms Manufacturing in the U.S. - this article says its because they make more rifles than S&W which is second.

I don't own a Ruger, a Remington, a SIG or a Mossberg. I've got a Ruger SP101 with 3 inch barrel in my Buds Guns wish list though. Also a Maverick 88 which is Mossberg. None of my local stores carry Maverick 88s not even Walmart which doesn't carry any guns at all.

Ruger #1 over all and in rifles. Remington was second in rifle sales and Henry third., Mossberg including Maverick Arms is #1 in shotguns with Remington in second place. Glock is not in top 5 overall but looks like it is #1 in pistol sales with SCCY second, Springfield third and Taurus fourth. For wheel guns, Heritage (owned by Taurus) with their single action revolvers is #1, S&W second and Ruger third. North American arms is fourth. Kimber has one revolver with minor variations and they are 5th in revolver sales.
    "I ask, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.”
    -- George Mason, co-author of the 2nd Amendment

"Make yourself sheep and the wolves will eat you."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    35741 times
    This should maybe be put into the political funnies forum, but it seems to fit right here too (BTW, just to insure no misunderstanding.....I'm a fan of Ruger and have multiple firearms made by them).

Name:  RugerIsComingOutWithANewPistol.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  43.8 KB
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    17369 times
    I can see Strum Ruger being top dog in sales. They produce a very complete line of firearms from long guns to handguns.... and they shoot very well. I smell a 450 Bushmaster in my future.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    72839 times
    I have several Ruger revolvers and a Semi-auto and have had no complaints. Well built and reliable. Not surprising Ruger #1 in sales for all firearms. S&W revolvers are still my favorite though.
    I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'!

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself."
    George Washington

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    22425 times
    Ruger is an all USA domestic manufacturer with plants in the North East, Missouri, North Carolina and Arizona. They have metal casting subsidiaries like "Pine Tree Castings", and "Ruger Precision Metals LLC" which make the investment cast frames, and powder metal casting precision parts for their firearms and competing brands (for example, the Ranger manufactured Walther PP and PPK pistols). They also manufacture sportswear and accessories in North Carolina.

A rather conservative company operating in the old European business model, they operate without any corporate debt, making all investments in plant and personnel from retained earnings.

By carefully moving some of their activities in house through their subsidiaries, they have achieved a low cost manufacturing model, and operate with good control.

They pay regular dividends.

They do not maintain warehouse stocks of finished goods, which are immediately sold and transferred to independent distributors who provide the warehousing and distribution functions.

Right now, due to the nature of their somewhat cyclic income (partially impacting sales during the first years of the Trump presidency) their stock is down quite a bit. A good buying opportunity.
    Cheers! Marc

Check out my Gun Rights BLOG at: http://skilledshot.wordpress.com
    accipere facile, sed sumite! - Take it easy, but take it!
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol; Personal Protection Inside and Outside the Home; Rifle; Reloading: Chief RSO
    NC DOJ Concealed Carry Instructor; Appointed Member North Carolina Criminal Justice Information Network

Member #
    Liked
    13752 times
    Funny... but I don't consider myself a Ruger guy even though my EDC is an LCP and my favorite recreational gun is an MarkIII. I have an LCR .38 that I think is better than my 642, particularly the trigger (shhhh... don't tell anyone) but all it does is reside in my truck's get home bag.... so whatever. There's not much that Ruger makes that I'm interested in though I have considered a Ruger Precision .308.

Member #
    Liked
    3524 times
    I have quite a few Ruger’s. I don’t doubt that they are on the top. The MK 22 series of 22’s are second to none in the industry in my opinion.
    Paul

STUPID WILL GET YOU KILLED

Member #
    Liked
    27184 times
    I have had and still have several Rugers of different calibers, both rifles and handguns. To the OP though (StuartJ), why are you so interested in the Maverick 88 as opposed to a comparable regular branded Mossberg shotgun? I for a time had my son's Mossberg 500, but somehow it ended up back with him through trades and sales some years ago, but somewhere in the mix I ended up with a Maverick 88, which I have made into a house defender with some add-on's. However, a negative with it over the Mossberg is that it is impossible to remove the 'screw off' magazine tube cap. I've searched websites and watched Youtube videos to not avail, it appears a good amount of them were screwed on with some form of 'Locktite' that I've never been able to defeat and would like to change out the tube spring, which has been called into question. The similar Mossberg is a snap to disassemble and upgrade (the spring), but the Maverick is as it is unfortunately related to this particular situation. I've shot it many times and it always does as is expected, but it's a low dollar shotgun and I don't think it was manufactured with the intention of long term maintenance or modifications in mind. Anyway, I hope you do find a Ruger, I don't think you'll be disappointed for the money! Good luck!
    “So son, explain again exactly why there’s a stripper in your bedroom?"

Member #
    Liked
    13169 times
    I think that Ruger does deserve to be #1! S&W sold out to Clinton back In the 1990's, and also went along with the State of Massatwoshits, with the locks and restricting of the guns I can buy. I don't care for the 'anti-gun' atmosphere in this state, much, but there is little I can do! I've lived here all my life, and actually, never had any problem with getting my LTC, or buying the guns I want.

I've had a bit of trouble from 'anti gun' people, but the local Police Chiefs' have my back, and tells them that I have a LTC, and have the right to carry! One of the officer's commented that 'I must have a strange relationship with the Chief.' I was interview by him, many years ago, in 1990. I guess he liked my 'style', and strong commitment to the 2nd Ammend.! Bob
    BonitaBob, Injunbro and Curt360 like this.
    When you want the BEST! Bob

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    22425 times
    Ruger has always had innovative approaches to technology as well.

The way that the SP101 and GP100 actions disassemble is unique, and somewhat easier than Smith and Wesson's side plate approach.

The new Ruger American is a very solid and innovative design. It's had a couple of unfortunate associations. It was originally intended for the latest US military handgun competition recently won by SIG, and they had a problem with the original design angle of the lockup being slightly off, causing battering and leading to a barrel replacement recall.

I have two of these, and they were both sent in for the recall. This caused slightly harder recoil impulse than they originally had, but resolves the battering issue.

Their Mark-I II III and IV series have been classics since originally introduced, with a grip angle similar to the natural pointing Luger.

The rifle lines are both classic and innovative, with their 10-22 one of the first rifles many young people shoot and own.

The .223 caliber Mini-14 picks up on the classic design of the M1 Garand / M1a / M14 in a smaller cartridge.

Their SR1911 is a high quality moderate priced M1911a1 platform.

And cowboy action got started with the wide Ruger range of single action revolver handguns.

I've got the impression that this company is owned and run by people that understand firearms, and not just MBA graduates that force the bottom line.
    Injunbro and Curt360 like this.
    Cheers! Marc

Check out my Gun Rights BLOG at: http://skilledshot.wordpress.com
    accipere facile, sed sumite! - Take it easy, but take it!
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol; Personal Protection Inside and Outside the Home; Rifle; Reloading: Chief RSO
    NC DOJ Concealed Carry Instructor; Appointed Member North Carolina Criminal Justice Information Network

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links